We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Building interest in a new ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrisgq
View Profile
New user
WV/Florida
58 Posts

Profile of chrisgq
Hey all

I'm trying to get ideas/advice on starting a new local ring. I always find it much easier to keep moving forward in the world of magic if there is someone else around to share tricks and ideas with. Now that I'm back in my hometown, I don't have that. So I was wondering what you all think is the best way to build some interest or find out if there are enough fellow magi around to warrent a local ring. And just in case anyone local reads this, I'm in Clarksburg, WV...so I was thinking of trying to get interest in the Clarksburg/Morgantown area. There has to be others who would benefit from this. Thanks

Chris
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello Chris

I started an I.B.M. Ring in Kalamazoo, Michigan about ten years ago I.B.M. Ring 333 - The Fox Ring). I started by contacting the I.B.M. and getting Ring information for other Michigan Rings. Quite often Ring members from other Rings join new Rings not just to help that Ring, but to add to their own learning possibilities. I also found many contacts in the I.B.M. membership list.

If you have a University in your are, try contacting student services to see if any of the students are magic enthusiasts. I found three students who joined my Ring upon finding out about the Ring.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
Gerard Enterprises
chrisgq
View Profile
New user
WV/Florida
58 Posts

Profile of chrisgq
Hey Antony

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it alot.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Send a press release to your local print, radio and TV news agencies focused on the novelty of the group. Get the word out and help prospects find you. Let me know if you need a sample release.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
chrisgq
View Profile
New user
WV/Florida
58 Posts

Profile of chrisgq
Thanks Skip!

A sample release would help tremendously. I have never done anything of that nature before. I will pm you my email if that is what you need.
Thank you again!

Chris
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
They're on the way. Let me know if I can help further.

Skipster
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
chrisgq
View Profile
New user
WV/Florida
58 Posts

Profile of chrisgq
Thanks again.....

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Building interest in a new ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL