The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » favorite self-working trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
My two favorite (semi selfworking) card effects are. 1. nu-way out of this world (just one of many out of this world effects).
2. You do as I do.
I have been doing these two card effects for over 32 years and have never failed to totaly amaze and entertain with these two feats of Magic. Especially with borrowed cards and done impromptu. Yes, I have actually borrowed a deck and right in front of the spectators performed nu-way out of this world. Now that is Magic.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I just bought my first ID yesterday, and I have to say that it's absolute genius.
:bikes:
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Mine are Lazy mans card trick and odd/even trick (as long as you get the deck cut in the exact center).

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Rising card
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
From the perspective of audience reaction it would be my handling of invisible deck, and I agree with Jive Turkey that Galaxy is outstanding. I started doing it again a few months ago when I was going through my old Magical Arts Journals. It was one of those that I had stopped doing for one reason or another and had forgotten about it.
juan
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
178 Posts

Profile of juan
Invisible Deck
Play it Stright Triumph
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2003-07-16 22:11, Mago Mai wrote:
There is a nice effect called The Piano Trick. You can find it in The Royal Road to Card Magic.

It could become a killer when performed as a miracle.

Mago Mai

Yes I think so too.

In May 2000 issue of the GENII, you can find my variation of Piano Trick titled Piano Sans Keyboard. You can perform the trick complete ly without touching the cards.

When I lectured at Tokyo Amateur Magicians Club, encored trick was this trick. It means this trick completely baffled the magicians.

Hideo Kato

P.S.
I don't think ID is a self-working trick.
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
The Insurance Policy (ETMCM/Vol 1). Easy to perform, lots of humor and the surprise ending provide good entertainment.
DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Out Of This World
Lazy Man's Card Trick
A Swindle Of Sorts
Later Ya'll

Van
matinex
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
108 Posts

Profile of matinex
Gemini's Twin from Fulves' More Self-Working Card Tricks
Do As I Do from a bunch of sources (I think I learned it from Scarne on Card Tricks)
Overkill from ETMCM Vol. 2 & Art of Astonishment Vol. 2
Self-Evident from The Magic of David Regal Vol. 1
MariusHaugan
View Profile
New user
Norway
91 Posts

Profile of MariusHaugan
I think Do As I Do and 8 Card Brainwave followed by Red Hot Mama.
"There is no branch of conjuring that so fully repays the amateur for his labor and study as sleight-of-hand with cards."
S.W Erdnase
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I can't stand self-working card tricks.
They are usually too long, involve too many cards,
involve a stacked deck, involve counting or spelling or making a clock out of cards, wierd shuffling or cutting, magicians choices, etc.

yuck. yawn.

that's just me. maybe because they are so hard to do effectively. harder than effects with slight of hand. using slight of hand, you've got miracles happening; with self-working, you've got to create miracles from the patter, etc., and for some reason, it just doesn't do it for me.

Acutally Sam the Bellhop is a self-working trick too if you want to think of it that way.

"Let's spell to your card"
"E-I-G-H-T- O-F- D-I-A-M-O-N-D-S"

Yuck. Can't stand it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Out of this World
Feurio
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
597 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
Untouched

Xeroxed deck

Raising Card

Invisible Deck

Ron

Quote:
On 2003-08-19 11:06, Reis O'Brien wrote:
I just bought my first ID yesterday, and I have to say that it's absolute genius.
:bikes:

Yes it is.

If you do it right its as close to REAL magic as you'll ever get.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Xeroxed deck is a ton of fun.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
There's a trick by Jennings which I perform very very often. It involves some open keycards and counting the cards (WHAT?!?!!) but it never fails to entertain. Everytime I perform magic for someone who has already seen that trick, it's the one they ask for!
Deal cards, not drugs!
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Dai Vernons Triumph
Do as I do
Brainwave Deck
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17163 Posts

Profile of joseph
Hooser's color changing deck routine....
Invisible Deck....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
I think you mean Impossible Tielie. I absolutly love play it straight. I also love the odd card by martin Lewis
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I don't really see the invisible deck as "self working" but my favorite self working card trick is the rising card. The only problem is, I don't know how to do a deck switch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » favorite self-working trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL