The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » A gentlemen on stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deputata
View Profile
New user
Bulgaria
34 Posts

Profile of deputata
Hi Jeff, I was wondering about this for a long time.Does a character-gentlemen on stage sell nowadays?Do young people want to watch a clasical magician with a top hat in a tuxedo doing card manipulation and zombie routine?Are people like Norm Nielsen and Salvano the last of their kind?
And also what do you do if you have a week full of performances and have injured your fingers?Do you call off the shows?
Thanks in advance for the answers and I hope that you someday come and visit Bulgaria.Best wishes in magic,Denislav.
Jeff McBride
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jeff McBride
246 Posts

Profile of Jeff McBride
Greetings Denislav!

Here is a very simple answer to a very complex question. Classical magic will always have it's place in the world in the same way classical music will always be loved and enjoyed.

Performers like Norm Nielsen and Salvano have passed their magic on to the younger generations, their classic styles will live on in the hearts and spirit of a new breed of magicians who may choose to embrace a more timeless style of magic rather than being swept up in pop culture fads.

In past years I have injured my fingers. I did not cancel the show. I reworked my material and selected other effects that did not require intense amounts of hand manipulation. There are many effects in books that can be used during emergency times like this. I always fall back on my Tarbell Course in Magic when I need a bit of inspiration and a "new trick".

I hope to see you in Bulgaria one day soon.
Yours in timeless magic,
Jeff
Let's keep in touch! I would love to send you my free, inspirational MUSE-LETTER. SIgn up here:
<BR>http://www.mcbridemagic.com/join/
<BR>
<BR>Creator of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHcwrL6lZU]The McBride Magic and Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » A gentlemen on stage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL