The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » Extended Master Class Special Performance » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Jeff,

During an Extended Master Class in March of 2008, you did a Chinese Sticks routine while rapping in an Indian accent about Mumbai to the rhythm of brass bells. I assumed it was done as a tribute to one of the students in our class, Kabir.

How long did you spend developing that routine? Can you share its evolution?

Is it recorded to video anywhere? I truly loved it. The fez was a great touch.

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Jeff McBride
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jeff McBride
246 Posts

Profile of Jeff McBride
Greetings Dave,

I have been performing the sticks with the script you mention for many years. I have no idea whee the script came from!

I have been developing the routine for 15 years. It never really had a life until a few years ago. The addition of my wife Abbi drumming was the layer it needed to really take off.

I love combining live music and percussion toe effects. I have many new routines like this that I am exploring. The Fez..well thank you ! I love wearing it ..it is so retro cool!

Your friend in Drum-magic,

JEff
Let's keep in touch! I would love to send you my free, inspirational MUSE-LETTER. SIgn up here:
<BR>http://www.mcbridemagic.com/join/
<BR>
<BR>Creator of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHcwrL6lZU]The McBride Magic and Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » Extended Master Class Special Performance » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL