The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » Sources of Inspiration » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JPWfilm
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of JPWfilm
Hi Jeff.

I know you incorporate many different elements of theater and art in your show. Please share with me some of the movies and books that have inspired you that are non-magic related.

best,
Jordan
Jeff McBride
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jeff McBride
246 Posts

Profile of Jeff McBride
Greetings Jordan and all,

I've been inspired by many movies and books. Some of my favorites include the works of visionary artist Alex Grey. Alex is a friend of mine and has many extraordinary collections of his paintings available to inspire magical artists. One of my favorite movies is Brazil by Terry Gilliam. The images he creates are very inspiring and remind me of the incredible power of the human imaginiation and it's ability. I collect books on esoteric subjects and mythology. Some of my personal favorites deal with the subject of alchemy and transformation. Since I am now a magic teacher I read many books on HOW to teach and how we learn. I also enjoy the recent books of Malcolm Gladwell. Recently I watched the mini-series on DVD called Carnivale. The images and the acting inspired me to create a new piece that I am working on.

Try to track down a movie called Existo and tell me what you think.

Thank you for your interesting question,
Jeff
Let's keep in touch! I would love to send you my free, inspirational MUSE-LETTER. SIgn up here:
<BR>http://www.mcbridemagic.com/join/
<BR>
<BR>Creator of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHcwrL6lZU]The McBride Magic and Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2009 entrée: Jeff McBride » » Sources of Inspiration » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL