The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Linked Rubberbands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
Does any one out there know where I can get some linked rubberbands? I want to use them to finish my CMH routine. It would go something like this...Do the CMH routine then switch the rubberbands for the linked rubberbands and link them in the specator's hand. Louis Demato (spelling?) did this on one of the WGM specials. It would be a great finish for the routine
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
The best way that I can think of would be to cut one band, link it to another, and neatly super glue it back together.

Andrew Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
I'm gonna give that a try. But I know I've seen them where they are made linked. My old partner used to have some, but I don't know where he got them and can't get in touch with him. The only problem I see with making them myslef is the spectator giving them a tug and the band breaking where I glued it. But its worth a try
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The link rubber bands (like all bands) get old and fall apart and you don't want to spend money on buying bands that will break during a show.

Why not try the great routine 'lifesavers'? I use it all time
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

It will not break where you glued it if you use super glue. Just make sure you are neat about the gluing and don't have it seeping out of the line. I found some stuff at a hardware store called "Liquid Nails." It is like crazy glue x 1,000,000,000,000,000 and so on. I am not kidding. Just be careful or else you're in trouble.

Andrew

-Andrew
jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
I'll give it a try.

So far gluing them has worked. Thanks a lot. I'll give them the final test later on.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I mean that over time all rubber bands will start to wear and will eventually break.

The glue would probably be the strongest part of the band!
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Mr. Johnson, In the mean time they last a while and it doesn't take much to make another pair. These are the final phase of a routine. It is not like they are going to be stretched continuously like the bands in CMH.

Andrew

-Andrew
jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
Very true. I'm making a few sets and all that happens is they are placed in the spectator's hand, showed linked together, then put in my pocket. They should last a while, depending on how long the glue holds. It should be a while though
Saqib16
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Saqib16
Totally Out of Control has a great band trick.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Maybe you could make a bunch and then let the spectators keep them!!!! I don't know how easy the glued spot is to find, but anything you can give away is good!!! Smile
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Good point. It would be cool if you could give it away to the spec.

I'll have to make a set and examine them up really close to find out.

Evan
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Norm Nielsen makes a linking rubber band effect in which the bands may be held by the spectator after the "linking", or given away as an impossible souvenir if you don't mind the expense.(there is no break in the bands)The product comes with only one set of linked bands and a knotted set to practice the linking.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Linked Rubberbands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL