The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Fostering baby doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Well, today I was driving home from the gym and I saw a little baby wild dove struggling in the rainy street. The poor little peep almost got run over. I stopped and got her, dried her off and put her in a box with a low heating pad beneath half of the box. Since she is a dove, I know how to foster her, but as I was searching for the name of a hand feeding diet, I found a great link to pass along.

http://www.duckpolice.org/BirdWeb/Pigeon......tro.html

I have never held a wild dove or looked at one up close. Wow, they are simply gorgeous! I hope to be able to release her when she is self-sufficient in a week or two. She is about 10 days old right now and fully feathered, but she cannot fly yet.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mom,

You know that a baby dove isn't ready to make it on her own until she has feathers under her wings?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Autumn, that is one lucky dove! What are the chances that someone like you would come along to save it? Very slim, I would say. I hope it goes well!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
All is going well with the baby dove! She is thriving and healthy. I could not wean her in time to teach her to eat local grains and free her, soooo...she is on tour with me in Virginia! I really had no choice but to take her with me. No, she is not performing. That is not her path in this world. She is a wild bird and should be free. She is just hanging out in a classy hotel while I am at my shows. I will keep you updated.

Thanks, Bob, for telling me about the feathers under her wings! She is close to ready for release, but I think I should bring her back to Denver area where her family lives. Say, Bob, I finish my tour on July 1. Where is the IBM convention this year? I think I pass through a number of likely cities. Hmm...got me thinking Smile

Yes, Regan, it is uncanny that she should choose the exact time I drove by to present herself. This is why I feel that I must do my best to help her survive and go back into the wild.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Autumn,

Don't you spoil that dove! That's a country dove, not a city dove.

Please do come to the IBM Convention in Nashville June 30 - July 4. Better than that, be there Thursday, Friday and Saturday and watch Lucy and me do about ten minutes of stage magic (including doves) a little after 1 PM all three days. We need you there to make us unaware of stage fright. You know how shy I am! Yep! Plum scared!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Fostering baby doves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL