We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good info on grading coin gaff makers. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1278 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Just to be clear... my intent above was simply to point out the author of the post, and to complete the content/comments of the original page.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1278 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Quote:
On 2009-06-09 11:45, mmreed wrote:
Hey guys - actually I wrote this. It is a post on my blog on MagicVault.

I appreciate TwoCan sharing this with everyone. I know its been posted on the Café a few times for discussion.

I plan on adding a few more comments to it - regarding Tango and a few other international makers.

... and I should add that I think Mr. Reed is exceedingly gracious in his comments here! Thank YOU, Mr. Reed!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I apologize to Mark Reed. I noted that it was on his blog but somehow missed that he had already pointed that out in this thread.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Good conversation here guys.

As you can see, there are a number of gaff coin maker options - each one with pros and cons.

I am seeing a big shift in quality with Tango. They are really becoming a solid contender. The Morgan slippery shell is near perfect. If they would just get a better grasp on creating English instructions!

While I enjoy the rare coin gaffs - I prefer to stick with everyday pocket change gaffs for my actual magic.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello,

Thanks for this post, your opinions allow to us grow.
We are working to change our instructions, actually we made a deal with Steve Dusheck and we'll be including many of this routines (written by him) in our coins.
Besides, we are working to include new instructions very very clear in several languages, for it we got a deal with a TOP american magician that will make this work for us.
Next year, Tango Magic will have new instructions in all his products.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
820 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Mr Tango. You have great coin gaffs. I have seen many and you are up there.Keep up the good work. The way to Success is to listen' very carefully to your Customers. and quick responces. I have watched closely how you interact with members here at the Café and I must say you are on top of things. Bravo to you sir and best of luck. Paul Thompson
Maker of Copper /Silver coin gaffs +

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
clownmagic
View Profile
New user
Fallsview, NY
41 Posts

Profile of clownmagic
I really enjoy my Tango set of flipper coins. The guys from MagicVault suggested I get the Tango ones instead of the Johnson ones. They send me digital pictures of the differences. WOW what a difference. Mr. Tango you make a great flipper coin!
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
"We will highlight the most common makers of commercial coin gaffs and try to give an honest opinion of the pros and cons of each..."

What ever happened to In My Personal Opinion or some other source reference. I am amazed that no one in the early posts on this thread questioned who the "We" was.

I value EVERY opinion on this forum, but for someone to Rank coin makers in such all inclusive words, makes me nervous.

Bob
Meshuggina
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Meshuggina
My next post to this forum was going to be to ask this exact question. I'm glad I decided to dig around first!

Thanks for the info.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Someone that makes a limited number of super high quality coins is JOE PORPER. He doesn't want to make coins available from others, so you don't see much of his work, but what he makes is as good as any.

Matter of fact he has re-engineered the Flipper making it almost dead silent. (a few others have seen this and copied his idea).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2009-06-12 14:38, Mr. Tango wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for this post, your opinions allow to us grow.
We are working to change our instructions, actually we made a deal with Steve Dusheck and we'll be including many of this routines (written by him) in our coins.
Besides, we are working to include new instructions very very clear in several languages, for it we got a deal with a TOP american magician that will make this work for us.
Next year, Tango Magic will have new instructions in all his products.

that's great. steve is a great guy and a great creator
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
Good info here....and and good discussion...
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2009-07-09 14:08, Pete Biro wrote:
Someone that makes a limited number of super high quality coins is JOE PORPER. He doesn't want to make coins available from others, so you don't see much of his work, but what he makes is as good as any.

Matter of fact he has re-engineered the Flipper making it almost dead silent. (a few others have seen this and copied his idea).

Pete is right.
Never is Joe Porper’s craftsmanship more evident than it is in “Just In Case” that I think is a result of a collaboration between Pete and Joe. The Key to this gimmick is a real masterpiece of engineering.

Bob
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
It's nice to see the Tango line going further up in quality.
Their latest T.U.C. is a fabulous prop.

If it makes sense, to support Tango's quality efforts, I'd be willing as well to supply one or two sophisticated routines to Tango for free, together with free reproduction rights (the only condition would be for the quality of printing to match the new quality of the coins).
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Wow now that's a lot of good useful information. I get my standard stuff from johnson and tango and get my pro stuff from lassen and schoolcraft. Yeah I double dip. who says you have to pick one of em they are both good and bad for diff reasons but I'm not startin another one of those debates!
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
MillsJW
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of MillsJW
I PM's Mr. Tango - offered to "wordsmith" his English text on printed materials if he has "soft" copy available.

Just got the TUC. Wow, great product.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Hi Lawrence O,

I am willing to accept your challenge.
Please send me a few thousand dollars worth of coin gaffs from all the best makers. I will put them to test and report back my findings.Smile

Cheers!
rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
Is it best to store nested coins - nested?
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2011-02-21 23:15, rdwinc wrote:
Is it best to store nested coins - nested?

Yes, always. Keeps the shell in good shape. Otherwise the shell might get dings or warp.

Jim
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3367 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Maybe it has just been my bad luck, but the last few coin gaffs I have gotten from Johnson have been terrible. Uneven and noticeable blemishes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good info on grading coin gaff makers. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL