The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I'm sure spectator management to some degree is advised. But that is easily done especially with a HOT cup of coffee (we don't want anyone burned right?). Also as far as drinking it? Well I will personally "fake" taking a sip---then state "mmmm good but a little too hot to drink now" But just be sure to FAKE sip.

Good magic to all,

Eric
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
Quote:
On 2009-06-10 00:37, the Sponge wrote:

sigh. I was not asking a question. I was answering the quoted question because I am tired of everyone asking about/wanting to drink the coffee.

s

LOL..... I realised it now sponge. Sorry about that. Truely deeply sorry. It was a good laught for me though.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On 2009-06-09 23:52, feifei wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-09 14:09, patrick66 wrote:
Okay, I already assumed the ring dis.....s in the black coffee, which is pretty unusual and very special. But, after stirring in the cup, can I pour the coffee into another mug to prove the first mug was really empty??

Yes you can. Just take another cup and just pour it over. You don't need to make any special or gimmick mug. No other mumbo jumbo.

Normal cup, normal coffee. Dip the chain and ring into the hot coffee, ring vanish. Pour the coffee into another normal empty cup, no ring inside!

Then reappear the ring somewhere else, not like in the demo where after he pours the coffee the ring appears in his hand. That would make the spec think that you somehow manage to steal the ring while you are pouring.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Sorry the above quote should have had this comment,NO you can't just pour the coffee from one cup to another only if you use the simple gimmick which was a prepared starbuck container.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Putting your OWN ring into a HOT CUP OF COFFEE to make it vanish?

Whatever next....

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should..
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Quote:
On 2009-06-11 14:53, GarySumpter wrote:

Whatever next....

Huh? Wha..?
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Because it is use "HOT" coffee or water ... I think the spectator will not immediately drink it ... considering the coffe or water is still hot ...
and you can pour the water/coffe out to trash box to show that no ring inside the cup (thus may hindering the spectator to drink it)...
that's my opinion, eventough I didn't have the gimmicks yet ...
I'm planning to buy it soon ...
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Quote:
On 2009-06-11 14:53, GarySumpter wrote:

Whatever next....

I don't think this is a "doing it just because you can" sort of thing. Presenting it with the theme of escapes, Houdini, etc. really brings everything together. And if you do this spur of the moment at a coffee shop as if you just remember a story about Houdini or something like that, it would kill!

Adam
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
At first I was really taken with this effect,but now I don't feel it's practical,if you do it on the spur of the moment at a coffee shop all the heat will be on the cup at the end and what excuse would you make to walk off with the cup to retrieve the necessary,oh I'm just going to the bathroom I'll take my coffee????
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Exact same thoughts here as cardbiker--how to walk off with the coffee cup if you aren't doing strolling magic but instead sitting at coffee shop or restaurant and doing this for people you are with or waiter, etc--ideas on retrieving the item from your own coffee cup without taking it to the bathroom?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I plan on buying this. I'm waiting for Hocus-Pocus to carry it. I'll perform using my Samurai Sword from Collector's Workshop to make my Houdini's ring reappear after a dramatic escape from a boiling hot cup of dangerous liquid! Coffee! You don't think coffee is dangerous? Try talking to some people before they have theirs in the morning!

That is how I will do this effect. As always with my posts and my promise I made to The Café if you like what I wrote you may use it as well with my blessings. BTW a good line to use is this "Now ladies and gentlemen you may be tempted to drink this coffee---however do so at your own risk---you see even magicians don't know what a ring may do in a cup of coffee." Then say "Any takers?" And right away say "Smart, I didn't think so." You get a wonderful escape, reappearance and a laugh all in one!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

BTW I just want to add that I seriously doubt anyone will ask if you can drink the coffee---I mean afterall you just caused a metal ring to vanish and reappear! Pretty good stuff.

Good magic to all,

Eric
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Gumbystock, wait with buying the effect. I might dislike it and sell it to you if you want.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Hocus Pocus already has this listed on their web site.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-06-12 13:40, patrick66 wrote:
Gumbystock, wait with buying the effect. I might dislike it and sell it to you if you want.

Once a viable & effective solution for inspecting the liquid (coffee) & the cup has been found I am sure you will love the effect. As I said in my previous post the effect will play very strong for laymen as well as for magicians.

For the reappearance of the ring I have thought of using the Gozinta Box. Hand the Gozinta Box (neatly tied with a ribbon) to a spectator (preferably a lady) for safe keeping. Before handing the Gozinta Box shake the box to show that (apparently) there is nothing in the box. Then, after the main effect is over, go to the lady and ask her to shake the box . . . Nothing!!! You take the box in your hands and give the box a hard shake . . . and waala, a clinking sound can be heard nice & clear. Hand the box back to the spectator and ask her to untie the ribbon & open the box. The vanished ring has reappeared inside the Gozinta Box. Then go on to show the characteristics of the Gozinta Boxes.

The suggested routine will/ may help divert attention from the coffee cup. It’s a strong diversionary & misdirection tactics. This will play big in a close-up kind of performance/ situation.

. . . but one still need to find a viable solution for inspecting the coffee & its container.

Just a thought & a suggestion! Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I believe Hocus Pocus will have this sometime next week. Patrick66 I believe you will like this as well but sure we can talk about a possible purchase.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

You guys I may be way off but to be honest I don't think there will be a lot of heat (no pun intended) on the cup once the ring is off the chain and lock. Especially if it reappears from elsewhere. But time will tell as always.

Good magic to all,

Eric
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
I agree that the heat will not be on the cup but still no idea how to walk away with the cup to retrieve your ring if you are sitting and do it for family or waiter etc. Need to be able to walk off with the cup or retrieve in privacy which doesn't seem easy. For table hopping it would be easier, carry it off and excuse yourself to restroom, but as a diner, not a hopper, not so easy.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I will be doing this in performance only I believe. I'll have a reason to do what I need to in order to clean up. But I just have to see what is needed first. I, like most people here believe I know what is happening---but who knows for sure until we see it. For me it's too nice of an effect to pass up.

Good magic to all,

Eric
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
I regret this purchase more and more. However you perform it, there will be tremendous heat on the coffee cup and it is totally unpracticle to perform in a Starbucks.

I expect to sell this item after playing with it for one hour Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL