The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Looking for a review of the S.O.S. Coin Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JIMclubber64
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
Hey everyone,
I've been looking for a review of the SOS Coin Production by Tim David lately, but I can't find a review of it ANYWHERE. Litterally, the closest thing to a review I've found is a single comment on youtube that simply said "I bought it, and it sucks." So if there's anyone out there who owns it, I would very much appreciate a detailed review. Thanks,
JIMC64
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
Tim David
View Profile
Regular user
MA
164 Posts

Profile of Tim David
I know this thread is several months old, but better late than never I suppose...

Here is a link that contains links to full reviews of the S.O.S. DVD:

http://www.timdavidmagic.com/sosreviews.html

Also, I'm told there was a review done in the July issue of M-U-M magazine.
Go spread some wonder

http://www.TimDavidMagic.com
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
OK but obviously reviews linked to from "Order Now!" page are going to be cherry picked positive reviews.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
zatara
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of zatara
Not practical in the real world. Have to watch you angles.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this, and I would say it is VERY practical in the real world. I don't know Tim, so I have no bias. I recently started working with this and I think that his method is awesome! You do have to watch your angles, but unless you have a cloak of invisibility, certain effects will always have some angle issues. The angle issues are really not bad. There are so many venues that facilitate this method. If you work restaurants and approach a table, the angles are not an issue. If you are doing the effect in a parlor setting with people seated in front of you, the angles are not an issue. If you are an amateur and just want to show it to some friend, you can easily control the angles. Even if you are surrounded, you could modify the handling to look very fair and not reveal the method.

I have been doing magic for decades, and I think this method is great for beginners and pros alike.

KJ.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I have to differ with your opinion, and so does the Wizard Review. http://youtu.be/8s4CFcMlBv0?t=11m17s

A few years ago I purchased a few things of Tim's, and although he is a nice guy, everything I bought from him was either impractical, or just not worth the time and effort.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Danny,

Hi. Thanks for your input. I generally like the Wizard Review, but just like with movie critics, just because they like or dislike a movie doesn't mean I am going to agree with them. By the way, both Jay Sankey and Greg Wilson have very similar effects, just slightly different methods and their DVDs received praise. Frankly, I like Tim's approach better. without giving away the method, I have modified his method by using a thread that allows me to conceal the coin anywhere I like. If you have the DVD, you'll know what I mean. If not, well...

I also noticed that the "Wizards" didn't like his coin from face routine. I thought it was excellent! And, you don't have to rush off to wash your face, as they say, unless you have some sort of allergy issue, then you shouldn't do it at all. Again, other magicians have used similar principles to great praise by the "wizards". I generally agree with their reviews, but not always.

Thanks for the advice regarding other products, I believe this is my first from Tim. I am always cautious about what I get.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to convince you it is great and you aren't going to convince me it is rubbish, so, nice to have opposing views.

I am curious, do you own this?

KJ
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Sticking that something on the skin is not safe, no less on the face. It's not meant for that. There are safer alternatives. The coin vanish itself can look alright in the right hands, but in his hands he looked very ackward with perfoming it. There are more practical ways to make a coin vanish, and look clean.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Tim said above that the the July 2009 issue of M-U-M magazine had a review. Anyone know of it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Looking for a review of the S.O.S. Coin Production (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL