The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Comet by EDO [remote controlled light] (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
See it in action, I like it, looks like a blockbuster gimmick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Kdy-tlFGc (the cola bottle effect is superb at the end of the movie)

http://www.my-magicshop.com/magictricks/cometbyedo.html

"This week we introduced a new gimmick to the magic community: Comet

After more than one year of development we are very proud to start selling this fantastic gimmick. If you use D’Lite for you performance than you will love Comet. Or if you want to use a bulb or torch that will turn on and off at your command than it is time to get Comet. Comet is a wireless remote controlled light that will allow you perform many new effects. There is now alike gimmick that has the same variety to use. And we kept the price as low as possible, so it is one of a few affordable electronic gimmicks."
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
By torch they mean the British word for flashlight.. just for those who might be confused. Looks great.
Official Thread Killer
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Looks good I wonder if you can charge the gimmick in you case in between acts or if you need a wall plug? I like the look of it.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We had gotten this in stock and sold out right away. We are getting more in, hopefully soon. It is really cool! You can put it in a light bulb and have a remote controlled bulb at a fraction of the cost of others. You can use the light bulb smashers and re-use the gimmick. As you can see by the video you can do a lot with it. It is rechargable, you can get a lot of use out just one charge but it does charge by plugging it into the remote unit so no wall plug needed (just 9v batts)
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I just got a look at one and it's interesting. The remote control for it is bulkier than I expected, but since it's rechargeable, that's the trade off. You activate it about the same way you would a FISM flash, for those who know.

I have many nefarious plans for this toy when I get one.
Official Thread Killer
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Profile of Stephane Jardonnet
From David Peters :
"You can put it in a light bulb and have a remote controlled bulb at a fraction of the cost of others."

Everything is relative. Dark Light is a remote control light bulb that cost about $ 600.00
The remote control can be used as far as 150 feets, through walls, windows and whatsoever. Inside the bulb are 4 led with a cover to diffuse the light equally. It is all self contains and ready to use as you receive it.

Comet is only 1 led. If you decide to make it a remote control light bulb, you first have to perpare your bulb yourself. You might spend hours and break 5 up to 10 bulb before having one ready to use if you do it for the first time. Then, you will place inside only 1 led, which will look good and realistic... on video. Else, it will look like a fairly rare 10 watt bulb.

Finally, the remote has a working distance of 30 feet if it is held in your hand. Unfortunatelly, the size of the remote is so big, that you must hide it under your pocket or in your sleeve, which reduce the lengh of work. So you can safely use the remote if you are 10 feet away.

Therefore, you get what you pay for : if you want a remote control light bulb, you can have one that is expensive but professional, or you can try to make one with comet, but it is not designed for it.

In another hand, Comet can be useful to come out with some new ideas. The idea of placing it into a flash light is interesting. I would recommend to find different places to put Comet into, including stuff that would not lit at all, in real life.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
You can stick the remote control also under a table for example (or hide it somewhere else) as well.
With the Delay between "switching On" and "Activation of the light" you can stand
a few meters away.. turning the lights on without suspicious moves and a nice gesture.. it already seems to have much happy users..

With the prize of one Comet you can buy at least 3 Leds (ok dealing with the "trouble" of handling 3 remotes Smile ) but preparing a bulb that can increas the glowing.. at the end you can let the bulb explode for example.. its a tool for our imagination.. and this ones are the best for me... Dark Light may be a supherb professional Product.. and it may well thought out with highend technic build in..
I think the spectator maybe will not make that difference between seeing a bulb glowing on its own, prepared by comet or either dark light..
if someone needs to stand 150m away for turning on a light he will appreciate that advantage but for the masses it is'nt necessary I think..

only my personal thinking

an idea for usage:
imagining having something floating in mid air that could light up at any time..
involving the handling of a good old d'lite, throwing the light at the floating object.. a nice kicker! makes me going nuts!

kind regards,
ArtIn
Stefan Sch.
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
26 Posts

Profile of Stefan Sch.
We offer in the instructions a download video which shows how to prepare a specific bulb (Stick up bulb) in 5 minutes to use with Comet. And you will need only 1 normal bulb and a Stick up bulb (see here: http://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-TV-2670-12/dp/B000H13ZKE). It is very simple. Normal bulbs are not recommendable. If you prepare the bulb just the way it is shown even a spectator can hold it without suspecting anything.

Comet comes with different coloured leds and a white one. They work quite good.
But Comet works also with triple-LEDs (torches, Stick up Bulb) which work up to 4.5 V. And those LEDs are quite bright. Just watch the video demo and you see it. It is much more than a 10 watt bulb.

Comet could even be used to remote control other electronic device which works up to 4.5 V ... But that is only for the electronic freaks ...
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
So in the effect with the shirt pocket, just what is needed to purchase, one Comet and an extra remote ? what is the cost in the USA, and who will carry it here.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yowsa... a new seance gimmick... looks good... dim is Good... a spirit light for communication... a ghost... a crystal ball or skull begins to glow... nice... nice...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Stefan Sch.
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
26 Posts

Profile of Stefan Sch.
With comet it is all included:
The receiver unit (the light) and the remote control (which serves also as a recharger for the receiver).
For the trick with the shirt you will need just an extra D'Lite.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I received my Comet today, very impressive. Nice bit of electronics and value for the money.

Ron
Mysterious
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Mysterious
Can you use Comet by Edo in a light bulb breaking routine such as Big Bang
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
So , does anyone carry this in the US.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2009-07-08 18:48, dave wrote:
So , does anyone carry this in the US.

YES - http://hocus-pocus.com
magicseth
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of magicseth
I just received my EDO, but there is a diode that starts smoking everytime I turn it on. Is this normal? Should I be worried?
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Hey Dave, Comet should be available at most any magic shop world wide. If they have it in stock they can order it for you.

Magicseth, smoking diode doesn't sound like a good thing. I am thinking it shouldn't do that.

You can use Comet for a breaking light bulb routine.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I found it at the magic warehouse, I got to tell you , the warehouse is the best place to deal with,
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On 2009-06-29 16:08, Stephane Jardonnet wrote:
From David Peters :
"You can put it in a light bulb and have a remote controlled bulb at a fraction of the cost of others."

Everything is relative. Dark Light is a remote control light bulb that cost about $ 600.00
The remote control can be used as far as 150 feets, through walls, windows and whatsoever. Inside the bulb are 4 led with a cover to diffuse the light equally. It is all self contains and ready to use as you receive it.

Comet is only 1 led. If you decide to make it a remote control light bulb, you first have to perpare your bulb yourself. You might spend hours and break 5 up to 10 bulb before having one ready to use if you do it for the first time. Then, you will place inside only 1 led, which will look good and realistic... on video. Else, it will look like a fairly rare 10 watt bulb.

Finally, the remote has a working distance of 30 feet if it is held in your hand. Unfortunatelly, the size of the remote is so big, that you must hide it under your pocket or in your sleeve, which reduce the lengh of work. So you can safely use the remote if you are 10 feet away.

Therefore, you get what you pay for : if you want a remote control light bulb, you can have one that is expensive but professional, or you can try to make one with comet, but it is not designed for it.

In another hand, Comet can be useful to come out with some new ideas. The idea of placing it into a flash light is interesting. I would recommend to find different places to put Comet into, including stuff that would not lit at all, in real life.

Actually the lightbulb they show you how to make uses three LED's. Just so yah know.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Comet by EDO [remote controlled light] (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL