The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Web Site Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
There's a website called 52magic.com. Can anyone who has used this site before tell me where it is located? I think it's in China, but I'm not sure. How in the world can some of these prices be so low? Masuda's "Frozen In Time" only $15? and effects that are $20 plus on other sites are THREE DOLLARS? I would like to hear from somebody who has used this site before tell me why it is like this....Something is not right here.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Wow-$6.50?
Misled-$2.50?
Enchanted Cubs-$7.50?
JSpencer
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, UT
19 Posts

Profile of JSpencer
Caveat: I'm not trying to sound racially biased here...

I wouldn't purchase anything over the internet from China. I've been scammed on more than one occasion by Chinese website offering 'discounts'. One even took my credit card number and tried to open up a skin care website selling lotions and such (true story). Was quite a hassle getting that resolved.

Also, I did some looking around their site, and it appears they charge by 'volumetric weight'...and the last time I saw that, from an international shipper, it meant that you pay for the SIZE of the package as well as the distance (the volume of the package)...so if they ship it in a box 4x bigger than needed, you're paying shipping on that size box. Their fire wallet, for instance, would cost me almost $40 to ship to Salt Lake City from their warehouse...that's quite a mark-up for a $15.00 gimmick.

On their side, no-one has reported them to ripoffreport.com yet...

Anyway, that's my input. I'll stick with the domestic magic dealers.
Spence
Salt Lake City, UT
"Hey Spence, where are you from?"
"Jersey"
"JERSEY? WHAT EXIT? HAHAHA"
*punch to the nose*
"That exit, tough guy"
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Wouldn't touch that website with a 10 foot pole mate.

Such websites buy one of the original products, find out how the gimmick/routine works and recreate them with cheaper materials.
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I see. So you're saying that the Enchanted Cube and the others may be a "knock off" and they are NOT the original product? Now I see why it would be so cheap. I should contact them and ask that question. There's absolutely NOBODY that ordered ONE THING from this website????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Web Site Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL