The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Body Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Hey guys
for the past 6 months I've been working on a new act that packs smaller and plays bigger.. I like my current show but I'm tired of using so many consumables like Cards, Cigarettes, Rope, etc..

I am interested in learning Body tricks,,... Magic or Contortionist stuff, what could pack smaller than that.

Is there any good material out there worth studying??

Thanks
George
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
The foot twisting illusion....but I'm biased on that one...since I am the creator of the routine Smile

Of course there is the arm twisting illusion from Shinkoh

Thumb twister from masterofillusions.ca

Body Morphin, Gut Buster, Shrinker... from Andrew Mayne

Meir Yedid's finger Fantasies

Tom Ferrells's Sneaky Feats

John fisher's Body Magic

Mac King's Tricks with your Head

That's a start anyways
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
That foot twister...I got to see Bill do it live.
It is seriously messed up and SO cool!
One thing that springs to mind for body magic is a simple pulse stop.
Contorting through a tennis racket is good as well.
Just my initial thoughts.
And the foot twist is wicked!
Gwyd
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Thanks Gwyd!

Yeah, all those shock magic bits like Saw, Needle Through Arm, razor blades, all play well for large audiences and pack extremely small
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
A pic from yesterday performing the Foot twisting illusion

Click here to view attached image.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Eewww! It's makes me cringe just looking at a still!
Very nice .

Neal
M_Glow
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of M_Glow
Another feat that would fit your requirements of "body magic" would be the works of Lulu Hurst, the "Georgia Magnet." The miracle worker will need a staff to perform this.

If you aren't familiar with her, she was a petite girl who would stun audiences by inviting them to try and push her over whilst she held a staff. They couldn't do it, no matter how many tried. Strong men could not pick her up off the stage, unless she wanted them to.

I've always been fascinated by this act, and I've seen modern derivative of it, I believe on Ricky Jay's television special, Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women, an all too brief hour of television with the same name of his great book.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Could always take a look at Marvin's Magic Freaky Body Illusions for a one stop source for several body effects...and some very cool props!
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
A reminder for anyone doing some magic on the floor: Only the first couple of rows of kids seated on a floor will be able to see what's going on at your feet level if you are standing on the floor also. Children behind them will kneel up to see, and the children behind them will kneel up to see also, and before you know it, the children need to be told to "Sit down." Of course, for a seated crowd, either don't show tricks at floor level, or get yourself a box or stool to raise yourself up enough to be seen. Some very capable performers forget to keep their routines to ones that can be easily seen. I've seen a woman acting out being superman, with a toy train running across the floor. Lots of children in the crowd missed seeing the train. Then there was a juggler rolling balls on the floor. Again, lots of seated children in the hall couldn't see what was going on. This skilled diabolo worker who had a diabolo on the floor spinning like a top [one end of the diabolo did not have the cup on it]. Again, lots of seated children couldn't see the action.
The presentation makes the magic.
rizyanrizy
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of rizyanrizy
Freak by will houston would be good
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Children... ?

Street performance... ?

Money... ?

If you say so.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Rigonally
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Rigonally
Thanks for this great thread, fellas. I'm trying to track down the earliest written source for the arm-twisting illusion that Copperfield performed in a special (c.2000/2001). I know it and perform it. Now I'm wondering about its history. I've just started reading John Fisher's Body Magic, but haven't yet found it. Anybody have a page number or a more specific source for me?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Body Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL