The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Want to know more about Gospel magic.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardfreax
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
181 Posts

Profile of cardfreax
Guys, I've been doing magic for a couple of years and I've always got problems to link up my magic with my Christian life...Now, I've found this forum..Can you guys tell me where I can find more information about gospel magic..where to find patter, books, demo clips, etc...

thanks guys...
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
I don't know exactly where to find all/any of the things you want, but I can tell you that a lot of what magicians use in secular magic can be transfered over to the gospel realm. All you really need is a story and a trick that can go along with it.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Get on the International Fellowship of Christian Magicians web site at http://www.fcm.org and join the IFCM. You will find what you need to get started. Also, contact http://www.gospelmagic.com and email Steve Varro the International President. Steve also owns Doc Haley Gospel Magic and has the largest selection of Gospel Magic in the world. The good news is his products and books are very inexpensive and great quaility.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I would suggest you read Duane Laflin's "Greater Gospel Magic" to get you started. It is without a doubt the most comprehensive book that will give you the history, the ethics, and several routines to get your feet wet. You can get it at Duane's site at http://www.laflinmagic.com or Doc Haley's site at http://www.gospelmagic.com.

Steven
Coram Deo
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Another great source in addition to the ones mentioned above, is to read the back posts in this forum. There has been a lot of terrific discussion on creating "Gospel/Christian" patter for effects, and the effects themselves.

Above all, think and pray. Think about God, pray for wisdom. The more you know Him, the more you will begin to see things that bring Him to mind. Think about effects that you already know that help demonstrate one or more of God's attributes, His creation, His Grace, His Mercy, His great Gift to Man.

Think about Heaven and streets of Gold. How His face will glow when we finally are able to see Him. How we will feel when we are in His presence. Many Scriptures already speak of these things, the Psalms, and Proverbs are full of reminders of God's attributes, that you can demonstrate with some thought using a lot of the same props you already own.

I am working on a Torn and Restored Newspaper routine where I start out by showing an ordinary looking newspaper, that I tell folks will represent the Bible, in this litle demonstration. I talk about how some people think that the Bible is just words on paper. And they want it all. They only want to take parts of it, (I tear the paper in half) And then they read something they don't agree with (I go into a lot more detail as I go, about what people don't like about the Bible, the Bible demands purity, but they want to have sex outside of marriage. The Bible says Honor thy Father and Mother, but they want to rebel... and on, and on, depending on the crowd..) and I keep tearing the paper. But then I tell them that God didn't mean for us to only live by the parts we wanted, He wants us to put on the Whole Word of God! And sudenly the paper is instantly totally restored, and immediately handed out.

You can go a lot of different ways on almost any effect. You can find a verse that you illustrate, an attribute that you demonstrate, or a circumstance that you illuminate. It is a matter of applying what you know from The Word, and you will find yourself Glorifying Him with all of your magic. But that is the most important thing! Glorify Him! If you don't, don't do it.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Good job BroDavid, I could not have said it better myself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Want to know more about Gospel magic.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL