The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 11 hours of Bro. John Hamman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Anyone heard of this DVD that's coming out. I don't know the exact name of the DVD. I was wondering if most of the tricks on this DVD are from the Secrets of Bro. John Hamman book. I was thinking of getting the book, but would love to see the man himself perform some of his material. Thanks
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I've already ordered these. Hamman was a genius. The footage of Hamman that was already released as part of the Houdini Magic video project starring Allan Ackerman was wonderful. Many of the effects Hamman can be seen performing are items that ended up in the Kaufman book, but not all...and when one of those unheard of effects pops up, it's like getting hit on the head with the magic mallet.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
David is absolutely on target: Bro. John was one of the great card thinkers of our time. LePaul said of him, "he leads you down the garden path, until he gets you into exactly the spot he wants, and then he turns on the sprinkler."

He epitomized the idea that you don't have to slam someone over the head with a 2x4 (or a magic mallet) to amaze them or get their attention with cards. For my money, "Twins" is an absolute classic.

Geno Munari should be congratulated for bringing this multi-DVD set to the market at such a reasonable price. The opportunity to see Bro. John work and learn from him is something I'm certainly not going to pass up.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Dr. Bombay
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dr. Bombay
Bro. John was an original thinker. The $39 price doesn't seem very much. Is this for all the DVD's? That sounds too incredible.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
I think it may be five DVDs. If you buy these DVDs, are you missing any fantastic effects from his books. If so, which ones?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I imagine the production quality wouldn't be very great, probably black and white. That might account for the low price/high # of DVDs. But the effect quality would be priceless.

Brian
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
It's 39 bucks for 5-6 dvd's around 80-90 routines performed and taught!! Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Dr. Bombay
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dr. Bombay
Most likely old black and white footage, but who cares? It's a master at work performing and sharing.

Does anyone have his Stevens Greater magic video? I always wondered how good that was.
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
I think I'd definitely buy those DVDs. The first effect I ever did was Bro Hammon's "Final Ace Routine." This was sold to me by a magic dealer and it took me a while to learn it but once I did I loved it. Its a cool version of the ace assembly effect.

I still perform this one quite a lot and in fact it's one of my strong ones. I'd definitely like to see what other ideas are out there from Bro Hammon!

--Jack Smile
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Are there a lot of gimmicks that need to be made for these? Are most of the effects in his secrets of Bro. John Hamman on this DVD?
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
As list of what is on these DVD's is at:

http://www.houdini.com/includes.cfm?page......_id=1880
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 11 hours of Bro. John Hamman (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL