The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » London Visit - Alex CF - Great Bizarre Art! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
I went to London for five days and had such a great time. I finally was able to meet the Artist Alex CF in person. I have ordered items from him before, but always eager to meet him in person.

He is such a nice guy and the best artist when it comes to bizarre creatures I've ever seen. Of course I couldn't leave empty handed, so I bought the werewolf below:

http://alexcf.com/blog/?page_id=223

isn't he gorgeous!!??

Please look at his weppage, and see what he does:

http://alexcf.com/blog/?page_id=6

He also does comissions, whatever you can think of.
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
Jef Pedal
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jef Pedal
I must say I bought 2 times from him and had to strip everything and start from scratch. Why buy fakes when there are real ones around?!
It looks ok on picture but you can't use it as a real thing.
Lost over £ 1000 on the transactions...
If this is your thing, go ahead, but to me it was a waste of money!
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
I am sorry you've had a bad experience, but I am sure we didn't order from the same Alex CF.

He has been ripped off numerous times in the past, I assure you, these: http://www.alexcf.com are the original ones.

Everything I bought was in 1A Condition, and outshines the pictures by far.
Jef Pedal
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jef Pedal
I paid 650£ (thats over $1000) for one item, for which he provided a great story set in the mid-eighteenhundreds. What joy to see that all bottles were recent ones, that my main subject was kept in an old mayonaise-jar (albeit sealed with sealing wax!?), that the main content of my box was straw and that the main component was latex!
When performing with something like this, you look like a FOOL! Don't think your audience is stupid: it wouldn't be the first time magicians take the laymen for granted, and while it's a kick to some to swivelcut to a lost card to general awe, when you're a bizarrist, you need to be more, a LOT more! And papier maché or latex things will kill a story before you even tell it.
Read anything Christian Chelman has written about this!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I don't own a piece..however, from the new user's description, and the objects for sale on the site - it looks like it was made by two different people from the description...

weird! sorry..

weerd!

maybe you could post up some photos? or maybe email the guy??
I've asked to be banned
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
To Jef Pedal:

Yes, please post some images, I really wonder if you ordered from the same guy. As I said before, Alex was ripped off lots of times from guys that used his storys, his concept but the items were made poorly.
Jef Pedal
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jef Pedal
Do you guys have e-mail addresses? I've been trying to upload a couple of pictures but even though they're jpg's and way beyond 75 KB, they won't upload.
- Jeff
Jef Pedal
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jef Pedal
That should be 'below' 75 KB... 8-)
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Jef: I sent you a Personal Message.

Thanks
Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » London Visit - Alex CF - Great Bizarre Art! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL