The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 15 minute act question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
OK when you add the activities in then there is no problem with the time, I was referring to just a magic act. The kids attention span won't hold much longer than 30 min. Add balloons or a game and your fine with longer shows.

Paddy
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
Ken,

There really is a market out there if you go after it. An easy way to find out is offer to do a few freebies for civic clubs in your area... Kiwanis, Optimist, Rotary. It's a great way to network and the clubs are hungry for speakers/entertainment. You can plug a mini-show to open corporate meetings. I've yet to find a group that would not allow me to talk about my biz, or hand out promo material.

They don't pay much, but in my area (Kansas City), they will pay about $200 for you to come in and open a meeting with 10-15 max minutes of magic...working out of a briefcase. It's slightly more than what a singing-telegram would cost. If you can add a themed message, even better.

Tim
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1022 Posts

Profile of jlibby
I am again doing a 20-minute show at a restaurant for an adult birthday party Wednesday night.

I now believe there is a market for shorter shows. Just like the good old days!
Ugly $5 Report is GOLD!

Grab your copy now:
https://makequickcashonlinenow.co.business
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I have a booking tomorrow at an affluent area assisted living residence.They req'd a mobile entertainer. I am performing 4, 20 minute sets, on 4 different floors. I have a dolly, stool,briefcase,small sound amp.same routines each area.
undivided, ribbon&ring (JSB), a rope routine, comedy bit, and close with a 3 ring routine. re-sets in 2 minutes... repeat ,repeat , repeat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 15 minute act question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL