We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Punching out a candle flame - video of me doing it (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Quote:
On 2009-06-11 19:00, Drewmcadam wrote:
There is another way of doing this - even from a distance. If you have a copy of "Reality is Plastic" then have a look at the front cover Smile

:D

I would LOVE to see how you'd disguise this method! Aside from shouting "look behind you" and hoping not to hit a spec lol.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Oh ok Drew, got it. Ta.
Giovanni, may I ask if you do the 'no touch' punch? And if so can I ask how you achieve this?

bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Quote:
On 2009-06-11 19:14, Drewmcadam wrote:
<<I have a similar effect that makes the flame suddenly grow>>

It's the water pistol and lighter fluid idea. Right?

Haha! That's it! The body count can be quite high but it's a wonderful effect! Smile
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1236 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Hey - you can pop a balloon just by thought. You concentrate – and the balloon bursts.

It involves an assistant on the roof opposite the venue, a high powered sniper rifle and some way of disguising the round hole in the window.

Drew
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Well I only have a bazooka but I'll use that to practice!
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2009-06-11 19:31, Paul Spaniels wrote:
Well I only have a bazooka but I'll use that to practice!

Hey, start with what works is what I always say. I'll tell you this, I'd rather see somebody use a bazooka than almost anything I've ever seen on youtube. See you use it while I was a safe distance away, of course.

Lem
charlesgmorgan
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of charlesgmorgan
Quote:
On 2009-06-11 19:01, tiriri wrote:

I think is a mix of Qi energy and wind blown by the fists, because when I do it without the proper breathing martial arts techniques, it doesn’t work that well. And with the breathing techniques I have been able to do it from a distance of approximately 15 inches from the candle. The guy doing it in the video does it too close. In that particular case it could be just the action of the air pushed by a fast fist.

Best regards,

Giovanni.

Hey ... no doubt you are correct. I just tried it myself, and with the proper breathing technique (especially the exhale), I can also extinguish the flame from a distance.

As for the one finger technique, with no hand movement, with a good, WIDE board in front of the candle ... all I can say is "show me". I have heard that some folks can REALLY levitate too, but I have never seen it ....

Actually, I must confess that I can do the one finger technique with no movement with a wide board in between me and the candle, but my master forbade me to ever do it again because it is so lethal, so I am very sorry I cannot demonstrate it for you ........

By the way, is anyone interested in some moose pasture I have for sale in northern Alberta??? ... It is a site of special energy, where a number of force fields all come together ... a VERY sacred site .... recognized as such by all the native shamen ... just pm me with an offer ....

Cheers ...... Charles
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Anybody try the way I described?
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I know a Chinese man, he can extinguished a flame to 5 M with his back turn !
He told me he was his Qi kong energy.
Well, it's not wrong,it's his interne energy, his fart is very strong,
As he told me, his secret is he does it without any noise and a little hole in his pant.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
jameme
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
193 Posts

Profile of jameme
Parmenion!! you liar!!!
I doubt you can do that by farting

I try it out
the flame actually grew so high it burned my ass and lower back
ryanalewis
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of ryanalewis
A link to the first video came with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzvz1BeJNjQ&feature=related

I guess this guy can do it to 20 candles in a group. That seems more impressive? The wind he seems to generate based on the smoke is very impressive in fact. That's a really fast punch, and he barely moves his hips or upper body, even more impressive.

Give it a try with 20 candles, I bet that is much harder.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
This is a funny thread.
I remember having a "discussion" on youtube with someone who claimed that this proved the existence of chi (which I actually do believe in btw). It went something like this

-me:that's just wind
-him: I bet you can't do it
-me: I can do it
-him: you probably just think you can do it
-me: no I learned it in martial arts and I can do it, it's pretty easy
-him: you just assuming that it would be easy, why don't you try it; you can't do that with air
-me: I just did it (again), it was easy, it was just air.

I gave up. I think you could do this (real MA training) to demonstrate how beginners learn, then do it from farther back (real MA training) to show what intermediate students do, then with mind power (faked) to show the levels of skill you have arrived at. Then conclude with a PK touches demo, explaining that you are being very gentle so as not to injure anyone.

On a semi-related note, has anyone incorporated battojutsu/iaijutsu/iaido into a card sword routine? I keep thinking about it, it seems like it would go over well.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
Tom Kurz has done this demonstration for years with no "chi" involved and very little effort.

Link posted below,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QWROg__I_8
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
OK I just tried this out after having not one lesson of martial arts or anything and it worked for me. No Chi or anything. Just wind.

I just lit a candle, went to punch it but stopped about an inch away and the flame went out.

I must be missing something here cos I'm not impressed.

Whats this thread about? Blowing candles out with wind????

M
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2690 Posts

Profile of Tom G
My Grandmaster years ago told stories about people claiming to be Qi Gong masters doing magic tricks on the street corners. He described some old classics and also described a t**** t**.
ryanalewis
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of ryanalewis
Quote:
On 2010-04-02 11:45, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
OK I just tried this out after having not one lesson of martial arts or anything and it worked for me. No Chi or anything. Just wind.

Try it with 20!

Yes, one candle seems silly at best.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
Sorry but its kind of obvious. Wind.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Punching out a candle flame - video of me doing it (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL