We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Only Living Two Headed BOA on Planet Earth, at the Venice Beach Freakshow!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yep Placerville is a hoot to be sure. I was fortunate to be right beside Happy Time Circus and Dave and I had a great time...but once was enough for that place. They do have GREAT Sprint Car Races though! We used to go most Saturday nights during 'season'...we even went in with our Northern Stars Mini Sprint Tour and ran the track. A true 1/4 mile bull ring and ass kickin' dirt racin'. But they don't know nuttin' 'bout dem mummies!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
And what are you still doing up?

I think Happy TIme might still be there. I'll check. I know Susan Rosen does the Hypno act there. A real sweetheart, she.

Which reminds me since I don't do much in California anymore, so no Swan Brothers. I miss seeing Zippy and his brother, Andy. I got a great picture of Zip, with his spray painted gold tennis shoes... I think he might have the world's largest collection of elephants.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Dave Tuomey (Happy) died a number of years ago Jeff. Are you saying someone else has the name and the show 'Happy Time Circus'?

Zippy and Andy are still at it.

I'm just about always up. I'm a mess.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Ed Russell has "The Family Fun Circus" out there...Dave "Happy" Twomey is surely missed, I thought Andy was Zippy and his Bro was Hightops?...Oh well,memory's fadin....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah...Mike is 'Hightops', I mis-typed.

Saw Ed's show a few years ago at Orange County Fair. Was pretty good show. Very entertaining.

Miss 'Happy's' letters alot. He was a true GEM.

by the way here's the Swans: http://sbcircus.com/
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Hey Doug I found the Swanns Website...

http://sbcircus.com/
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Haha...ok. Peek above you.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I think I am thinking of either Just in Time or Family Fun Circus. The latter of course, being the Russell Bros.

Happy Time sounds familiar, but I guess they haven't been around for awhile, eh? It all begins to blend together, one fair begins to look like another. One year like another one decade and now, one century like another...
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Yea Doug,I noticed that after I posted...Thats cause I'm horny, Uh..I mean Corny....
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Doug,Kahuna.....Vintage HappyTime Circus...

http://www.garyswarehousesales.com/servl......s/Detail
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Evel Knievel

abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Ha! I love the news: Two Geyserville Women Visit Orangevale

Mrs. Harvey Rose and Mrs. Floy Seward motored to Orangevale and then on to Sacramento to visit Mrs. Rose's sister, Mrs. William Dawson, who was convalescing following surgery.

The Geyserville women also visited Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Lawson, sister and brother in law of Mrs. Rose and spent the night with another of Mrs. Rose's sisters and borthers-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Jergenson.

It just says it all right there. A simpler time.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Jim. GREAT stuff! Did you know Don Moyers and spouse? Nice folks. Had snake show as a Lecture unit as well.

A 'B' Western fan, he wrote some decent books on Westerns and Movie Serials.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Yes, However last time I saw them was about 18 years ago when I was with Culpepper...We all went to a Fair to visit Happy and they had their Snake Show there...Hey Remember Dave's son "Crazy Koko"???...My Friend Bob used to visit Dave every week after he got off the road and take him to lunch and bring him Whitetops and Circus Reports up till Dave passed...Bob told me last year Koko was selling off parts of the Happytime show...
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I knew him as his real name which I forget...he was running a World's Smallest Horse (with not much success I don't think.) and also living on Reynold's property in Filmore.

There was also Jared...a quirky little kid...I think it was Dave's grandson? He 'clowned' with Happy Time when he was little. Don't know what happened to him.

Did you know Judy? I think I'm the only one she was nice too. (Me and my Daughter that is.) There was an angry woman! I saw her go off on a couple of 7 year olds once between shows...they were WALKNG in the empty bleachers (not being rowdy) and she came out from behind the curtain like 10 balls of fire and SWEARING up a storm. So much for all Dave's hard work to make the folks happy! haha.
They both lived (with Jared) in a TINY teardrop trailer at Reynold's. That must have been fun.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I can't remember KoKo's name right now either...Jared got married...and has a Kid..Yea, I knew Judy, Dave always said she was the best security gaurd one could have..No one ever crossed under the rope...My Friend Bob lives in Filmore...Dave also had the BEST voice, He made great Pitch tapes...The show 9 out of 10 times always arrived on the "Hook"...But after it was set-up...WOW, what a pretty thing to Behold....
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Man I miss him. The more we talk the more I remember what solid gold he was.
You always felt 'special' around the guy.

Yeah what a voice! I was known in Motor Sports circles as a 'Voice Of God' type...deep and very well trained and powerful on a mic...it's how I made my living and just before Happy Time I would Pitch the show to the crowd way down aways on the actual Midway (no microphone mind you). I got a few to alter their path and come up to the show. BUT, one time Dave was standing next to me and let loose with a PITCH that would shake heaven...MOST heads turned and looked in our direction and wound up at the show. Beautifully modulated as well.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Kenny is his Sons name...Yea Dave was quite a Guy/Clown...Think of all the Kids that saw him and brought their kids to see him...and the Kids of the kids that brought their kids...and so on...He is missed!...Like Big John Strong...Same thing...Thank God Andy and Mike are still holdin down the WestCoast....
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Kenny! yep. Thanks for soving my brain worm which had run out of test names to roll off the tongue.

Dave was also so dedicated to his HAPPY character. It amazed me that even on in age he stuck to the full White Face which was laborius and a pain in the heat.

Never got to meet Big John...saw his show though and it was a keeper.

We Now Re-Join Tod's 2 Headed Boa Already In Progress...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Only Living Two Headed BOA on Planet Earth, at the Venice Beach Freakshow!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.51 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL