The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange Allergies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
In my life I have met a lot of people who were allergic to various foods. Well, last week I met a guy who was allergic to strawberries, which is not that unusual, but his reaction was that he has wild hallucinations whenever he ate them after 9:30 - 10:00 p.m.

What other weird allergic reactions have you heard of?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Oh I wish I had that. Fresh strawberries AND wild hallucinations. Sweet.^2

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I suffer terribly from MCS.

My particular problem is with scented products including: perfumes, aftershaves, laundry soaps, hand soaps, deodorants, shampoos, hair sprays and colognes. They cause sore throat, migraine headaches, difficulty breathing and difficulty concentrating. In a one rather severe reaction, my nose began to bleed and my throat spasmed shut almost choking me.

On a personal rant, if I may, because of my problems with these products, I find it extremely arrogant and selfish for people to wear these products in public. They force us to inhale their offensive odors causing real physical harm to others. As well, everything they handle or touch, can cause the scent to be left behind and then transferred to others.

The chemicals used in these products are designed to penetrated the skin and do not simply wash off. In this way, the user gets a longer wear out of them and the sufferer gets a prolonged period of pain.

If I had my way, I would have it all banned. I hope for the day that they prove that the chemicals that make these scents cause horrible cancers and other life threatening diseases so people will be forced to leave them alone.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Are ya sure that guy was talking about strawberries? Smile
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
Oh I wish I had that. Fresh strawberries AND wild hallucinations. Sweet.^2

And the best part is that it is perfectly legal! At least until the government bans strawberries, hallucinations, allergies, or all three! I can just see it now, strawberries being listed as a class 1 controlled substance!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Strange Allergies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL