The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Deck Seals...I have 100 of them...now what? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Wonder what you would do with these. Are there any marketed effects that employ this "gaff"?

jeff
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Set up a whole bunch of decks...stack, gaff. Use your imagination.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Steve,

Thanks for your ideas about adding gaffs. Of course I'm using my imagination but still look forward to receiving suggestions and thoughts from the Café community. I think that it's nice for all of us to come here and work together on something creative that will hopefully benefit all. Don't want entire routines or scripts just some random, crazy and creative thinking.

jeff
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Gaff a deck by taking out the forced card and then sealing it. Hand the spectator the sealed gaffed deck. Force the card from another deck. Let the spectator keep the chosen card and match it with the one from the sealed deck. Oops! You already have it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Do you care to share where you got the bicycle deck seals? I am interested in purchasing a few. thanks
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You do know that the new Bicycle boxes are different?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 13:56, Bob Sanders wrote:
You do know that the new Bicycle boxes are different?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Not at my drug store ???

I'll have to check again, put the stamp seals have not changed in NY yet ???
Long Island,

New York
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Boxes have changed (I hate the new look) but the seals are the same!
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Before I ever knew about the deck seals I use to just open decks from teh bottom then do my dirty work and reseal the deck and it looked like it never been touched.
I would mostly just reverse a card in the deck.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Neil Lester (Cards By Martin) sells the card box seals (or at least he used to).

Robert
David Dunstan
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of David Dunstan
I occasionally end my strolling routine by have the selected card vanish and appear as the only card reversed in a sealed deck, that the spectator is holding.

Of course this is done by reversing the card I plan to force in the deck, then sealing it with a deck seal (prior to the show).

I found that it was a very effective ending to a routine, but I don't often have the time to prepare a deck for each group that I will be performing for.

Regards
David
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 21:30, MickeyPainless wrote:
Boxes have changed (I hate the new look) but the seals are the same!

Yes, the seals are the same. I hope that the new boxes were designed as a joke and will be improved soon. Hopefully none of my marketing students had anything to do with it. It truly degrades a product that had an excellent image. The new box says, "Standard" but "generic" would be more like it. It looks cheap. I hope they saved a lot of money. It would not be surprising that they are going to need it to get back into business. The greater insult is that they are in the printing and graphics business and failed here on a "no brainer".

It may be time to find the replacement. Opportunities come at the strangest of times. Remember when everything was Aviator bridge size?

If you could get what you wanted now, what would it take? You can bet someone somewhere is listening and values the opportunity.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Anyone have a picture of the new box?

Thanks,
Robert
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 10:31, Robert M wrote:
Anyone have a picture of the new box?

Thanks,
Robert

Hey Robert in this link here it's for the buck twins website in a thread that has an attachment of the new box design. You have to sign up to the forum to see it.

http://community.dananddave.com/showthread.php?t=6586

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 3:16pm
Back on topic though. For the deck seals I've been starting to get an idea and I'm still working on it. It's basically a playing card with a deck seal on the top that when you place it on the card box it still looks like the normal card box. I'll explain more later.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Ellusionest used to sell them, but they've none in their catalog now.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Here's a link:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/new-deck-s......671.html

You can buy seals here in just about any color you wish. I belive that penguin sells them too.

As for the new box, Here are a few pics: (Not my pics, I just copied the links)

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss156......kes1.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss156......kes2.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss156......back.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss156......back.jpg

And a link to a thread here about the new boxes:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2

MJM also has empty bike boxes (The old style) for $.37 each. I bought 100 of them so that I can still use the old style box for performance.

V.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Oh, man... this is what the new boxes look like? That's terrible. They look so old fashioned.

Robert
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Lots of interesting discussion about boxes and their new design as well as the seals and where to find them. Any marketed effects out there that uses a sealed deck?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I hate the new design. That pretty much ruins (or at least makes it 30% more expensive) one of the products that I market.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It certainly says absolutely nothing about "value added". There is none! Perhaps we could call these new boxes "remedial progress" to be followed by "retro advancement".

The bitter truth is that it simply may be time to go card shopping again for the replacement brand. As an old marketing professor this breaks rule #1 of marketing for dealing with existing customers.

NEVER send an existing customer on a product search. Some NEVER come back.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Deck Seals...I have 100 of them...now what? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL