The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic • Con 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Quote:
On 2009-10-20 00:18, Ben Train wrote:
Cain,

I'm looking forward to finally meeting you!

Same, same.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I'm easy to spot- I'm 6'9 and I won't be wearing pants.

Ben
p.s.
I'm so excited I registered twice!
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Hey Ben, I tried to PM you... you are out of space. Please shoot me a PM that I can reply to.

Thanks,
S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
Has there been any other news regarding presenters?

J
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Hi Jay, it seems like our presenters list is ever expanding, however, we have not updated the list since putting in Paul Wilson. Regarding our special guest of honor, his identity will be revealed on December 1st. You can see more at: http://magic-con.org/about/presenters/ or http://magic-con.org/news/

Thanks,
S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Does anyone care to speculate who the special guest is? If its Lennart Green, I'll cream my shorts. I have this feeling the special guest is European, and probably the most respected performer today on any continent is Juan Tamariz.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I'd be happy with Green, Giobbi, Tamariz, Bannon, Ammar.
Gee, I guess I have a lot of favs!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Lots of names we could bandy about- Hollingworth, Malone, Williamson, etc.

Three living legends though would be Tamariz, Diaconis, and Thompson.

I have no idea who it could be though (one of those or someone else). The truth is that the special guest is just cream on the already sweet cake.

Honestly, my biggest concern at this point is the line-up is so packed with amazing things that I worry I'll have no time to jam and hang out with people. Bucks, Syd, is there going to be any down time?

Ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I can't wait to register, but I have too. How close is it to the cut off?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Right now, we don't have an actual cut off date. We will just stop selling when we hit our desired number. I would say that you have at least until January, but that may change when we announce the special guest of honor on December 1st.

http://www.magic-con.org

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Sounds good. I'm hoping to register by the end if Nov.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
mitchmagi
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of mitchmagi
Pls can you advise what hotel rates are ?
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Our negotiated rate at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront is $149 per night for either a king or 2 doubles. The rate at that same time without the conference discount is between $195 and $280. Also, there are only a few rooms left in our dedicated block of rooms, so if you are interested in staying at the hotel, we recommend reserving your room soon. For the quality of the hotel and its location, you won't find a better rate in Downtown San Diego.

http://magic-con.org/about/hilton-san-diego-bayfront/

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I gotz my registration and I gotz my room! I'm very excited to attend this first conference.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Glenn,

Register. Just do it. That's what credit cards are for.

Ben

Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 01:32, Cain wrote:
Does anyone care to speculate who the special guest is?

OK, I'm revising my opinion. After someone mentioned him it seems rather obvious: the special guest has gotta be Paul Harris.

davebuck
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
68 Posts

Profile of davebuck
A new podcast has been posted. This podcast features two of magic’s most respected thinkers and creators – Michael Weber and Derek DelGaudio. Listen in as they discuss the next generation of magicians, the YouTube effect, and what to expect at Magic-Con.

http://magic-con.org/2009/11/what-to-expect/
davebuck
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
68 Posts

Profile of davebuck
Dave Buck talks briefly about Magic-Con 2010’s Special Guest of Honor in a new video. Although his identity hasn’t been revealed, Dave does say, “He is one of the most universally respected performers, thinkers and creators of magic,” and that “You won’t want to miss the opportunity to see a true master and one of magic’s living legends.”

http://magic-con.org/2009/11/2010-specia......ve-buck/

On December 1st, we will proudly announce Magic-Con 2010’s Special Guest of Honor.

See what Eric Mead and John Lovick have to say about the Special Guest in a new series of video testimonials.

http://magic-con.org/2009/11/2010-specia......ic-mead/
http://magic-con.org/2009/11/2010-specia......-lovick/
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Roberto Giobbi. That's a good guess. I don't think it's Tamariz because Paul Wilson said the special guest learned FROM Tamariz...

Giobbi or Harris still seem to be top runners.

Ben

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I feel like it's not Harris because of some of the things Paul said. So, is it Giobbi? If so, that's wonderful. He's a fantastic speaker and an amazing magician. I'd love to see him again.

Ben

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic • Con 2010 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL