The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » More one-balloon sculptures needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
Check your paypal.
RC
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 03:40, rogueclown wrote:
Check your paypal.
RC


Now if I could get 100 more people sending $20 I can make the mortgage ... or Bad to the Ball #3!!

I can't believe you did that! Thanks Eddie.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
Don't use my real Name!!! thanks!
FunnyEddie
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Mark - It has nothing to do with being cheap and it has absolutely nothing to do with being lazy. I peform magic primarily and offer balloon sculptures as an extra. If you were to ask any of my past customer, the last thing they would call my show is cheap or lazy.

The reason for the search for more variety of complex one-ballon sculptures is because if the balloon pops while you are making it, you can just do it over where if you are making a multi-sculpture and you get to the 5th balloon and the one of the first balloons pops, you have to scrap it and start all over again. I just don't have that many jokes and lines and especially that much time to kill during a show or strolling at a table and especially if there are 4 or more kids at the table waiting for their balloon, not to mention all the other tables who chose to eat dinner there because of the magician and are waiting. I make fancy balloons such as a motorcycle or guitar with one balloon which people are very impressed with and I am just looking for additional sculptures because of the many repeat customers who keep coming back.

Your dvd has been a great help with learning technique and now am better at the one-balloon sculptures because of it, but having a multi-balloon animal pop when almost done with it leaves me in a bad predicament which is why I am focusing on more complex one-balloon sculptures for the many repeat customers.

Hope this answers the many questions as to why, even though my original post was just asking for additional resources.

Thanks for everyones replies.
Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
Here is a really good resource for one balloon animals. It's where I learned the monkey, cat, and frog that I make.

http://www.balloon-animals.com
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 22:24, MikeRaffone wrote:
Mark - It has nothing to do with being cheap and it has absolutely nothing to do with being lazy. I peform magic primarily and offer balloon sculptures as an extra. If you were to ask any of my past customer, the last thing they would call my show is cheap or lazy.

The reason for the search for more variety of complex one-ballon sculptures is because if the balloon pops while you are making it, you can just do it over where if you are making a multi-sculpture and you get to the 5th balloon and the one of the first balloons pops, you have to scrap it and start all over again. I just don't have that many jokes and lines and especially that much time to kill during a show or strolling at a table and especially if there are 4 or more kids at the table waiting for their balloon, not to mention all the other tables who chose to eat dinner there because of the magician and are waiting. I make fancy balloons such as a motorcycle or guitar with one balloon which people are very impressed with and I am just looking for additional sculptures because of the many repeat customers who keep coming back.

Your dvd has been a great help with learning technique and now am better at the one-balloon sculptures because of it, but having a multi-balloon animal pop when almost done with it leaves me in a bad predicament which is why I am focusing on more complex one-balloon sculptures for the many repeat customers.

Hope this answers the many questions as to why, even though my original post was just asking for additional resources.

Thanks for everyones replies.
Mike


What you are saying is actually the total opposite.. When you make single balloon items if they pop you have to start all over..

When you make multi balloon items you just fix the single part and that's it..

Also sometime single balloon items take longer to make than multi balloon items.. Try making a single balloon poodle on a unicycle.. or a bear.. Then try making Marks two balloon shark hat.. Marks is faster and if it breaks you just repair it.

Make the single item like the bear if it breaks you have to start all over..


Also if you have a great show like you are saying you have and then end the show with cheap balloon scupltures I think you are actuallying taking away from your show.
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
No problem. Found what I was looking for on a different thread.
Thanks anyway.

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 22:24, MikeRaffone wrote:
Mark - It has nothing to do with being cheap and it has absolutely nothing to do with being lazy. I peform magic primarily and offer balloon sculptures as an extra. If you were to ask any of my past customer, the last thing they would call my show is cheap or lazy.


It was a joke ...Really!! but it did bring out what the problem is. I find hats to be a great way of over coming much of what you speak about. BTW thank you for purchasing my DVDs, I truly hope they are helpful to you.

• I don't make "hold" items. WHY? because if little hands with syrup, grease or sharp nails get it & it will break.

• Making hats and standing by your rules is how you over come the POP problem. I make hats to wear, if you stick it under the table it will pop... on your head is the best place for it.

• If a balloon does pop. I address it right away. First I get comedy, looking like I lost a of mine child. Then I ask "were you wearing it on your head?" Why do you think they call it a hat?

Now reading this I might sound like an A-hole but with proper inflection and the knowledge of where to draw the line it makes great comedy.

Come to a table : "Would anyone like a balloon hat? "
Kids : ME!!!!!!
ME: " I was talking to the adults ...... may they have hats?" ---- YES (In parents head: please shut up my kids already!!)
ME: "I can make anything out of balloons..... within taste and reason"
KID: " I don't want a hat Smile "
ME: Really? Where are you going to put this thing I make? No room on the table when the food comes ... It will pop on the floor .... then you will want me to remake it, yeah like I got time for that.... I'll make you a deal if you don't like the hat I make ..... I'll make Dad wear it!!! DEAL?"

This is what works for me .... IF I got to turn and burn the tables it goes like this:
ME: Hi folks may the kids have balloons today? Great .... Hey what is your name sweety (already twisting something) Cool name, and how old are you? .... Wow I was like (whatever they say +2 years) Huh? I am making you a beautiful hat.... Ooooh I got a real busy restaurant today cna I make you something pretty and get to see some other kids? Great that is nice of you, next time I see you if I have time I can make a requested balloon...."

That is the way to makem faster....
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 05:26, MikeRaffone wrote:
A dinasaur with one balloon?


The DVD twist with Sam has many one balloon shapes including a dinosaur.

Here's a link to it.

http://www.clownantics.com/balloondvds.shtml

Or you can google Twist with Sam DVD.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Another note.... it is much easier to me to make the balloon hat first and put them on kids heads THEN distract them with a visual magic trick. Makes the table exit easier too.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
magicbjl1970
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of magicbjl1970
Quote:

The DVD twist with Sam has many one balloon shapes including a dinosaur...

Or you can google Twist with Sam DVD.


I second the Twist with Sam DVD. It's an excellent DVD. One of the best bang for the buck.
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
I don't think Royal Sorell's Balloongineering Series was mentioned. Came out a few years back, still one of the best, most comprehensive sets of DVDS.
Graham Lee
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Graham Lee
Another good balloon website to check out loads of instructions and a model of the month section is; http://www.balloonchat.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » More one-balloon sculptures needed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL