The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Got It Covered by Kevin James (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Heyy everyone I was looking into buying Kevin James Got it Covered. The basic effect is spectators select three cards put the cards back in the deck shuffle the deck. Bring out an umbrella throw the cards in the deck in the air stab 2 of the 3 cards, open up the umbrella and printed on the umbrella and the last card is printed on the umbella. I was wondering if this would be a good buy and whats your thoughts about the trick. Thanks magician 4life
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I used this for several years with much success! It's a great packs flat plays BIG type of effect.

HOWEVER...

The elastic will sometimes get streached out a bit too much so when you do the "stab" you'll find the card just dangling from the end of the umbrella. Not very desireable. You need to keep changing out the Elastic to ensure this doesn't happen which means you need to disassemble the umbrella, re-string it, and put it all back together.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
My tip broke off so I emailed Kevin and he sent replacement tips for me free of charge.the string is to short to tie the tip back on.I never thought of trying to replace the string.I'm not sure you can take the umbrella apart though.

Michael
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
And by the way I would recommend this effect. I have had great success with it.

Micael
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Ok thanks I'm pretty sure I am going to buy it and do you think it would be a good trick to use in a talent compition. magician 4life
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
One just sold a few days ago in the for sale section of the Café'. I think it went for $85.

You need 50 posts (I think) to view the for sale section.

As far as using it for a competition... is it just a regular talent competition or is it a magic competition? Its great for a regular talent comp, but not too original for a magic competition.

sb
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-14 16:40, magicdoctor wrote:
My tip broke off so I emailed Kevin and he sent replacement tips for me free of charge.the string is to short to tie the tip back on.I never thought of trying to replace the string.I'm not sure you can take the umbrella apart though.

Michael

Yes..you are able to take the umbrella apart. Kevin sent me directions on who to do so to replace the string...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Hi guys,

Last week I called Kevin because I also want to buy got it covered. There he told me that they don't sell it anymore for quit sometime now. Then I search the internet and come om a site hightricks.com. They claim to sell it but I believe it is not a original piece.

I now there was one for sale here but has anyone a adress where to buy the original kevin james piece?

my best,
Ronald
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

The routine and prop was developed by Sonny Fontana! Based on what I heard from Kevin, the props were not very well made as many were having the same issues as the one I had. It got to be too much of a headache so he quit selling them.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Christopher do you know where I can purchase this prop?
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 04:33, The Bark wrote:

This can be bought directly from Kevin's website: kjmagic.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-15 07:16, Mike Webb wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 04:33, The Bark wrote:

This can be bought directly from Kevin's website: kjmagic.com

No it can't! That was the point that someone was making above. Kevin is no longer selling this. With that said, the prop still is on his website...not sure what would happen if you try to order one, but I know for a fact that they are no longer available thru kjmagic.com.

As far as where to get one....??? Hit ebay, magic auctions, or maybe post something in the FOR SALE section of the Café' requesting to buy one. You may get a bite...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Ok that's nice to know but its weird because there forsale on other websites and I think that's pretty wierd. Yes I would really like to buy one as soon as possible because it looks like a prop I clould really use and thanks everyone for the help ecspecially christopher. If anyone has any clue how I could possibly get be let me know. thanks magician 4life
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

It's very possible that other magic websites could still have inventory of this product...OR (and more likely) what they're selling is a cheap knock off. Do a little research before buying.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
The brilliant mind of my good friend Sonny Fontana!!!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Quick question - did the umnbrella come in different final cards instead of the 2 of hearts? I am looking into one and it isn't the 2 of hearts and I wanted to make sure I am not getting a rip off. Thanks!
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Yeah there were 3 versions. The 2 of hearts, a black king and a seven if I remember correctly.
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Jason!

Thank you - that is very helpful!

Hope all is going well - I'll tell Jakway that you are still alive and around!
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Sent you a PM, effectbuilder
It's all in the reflexes.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22406 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Kevin James is still selling his Got It Covered on his website.

http://www.kjmagic.com/product/got-it-covered/

Looks like he redesigned his website completely.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Got It Covered by Kevin James (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL