The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I have 40-45 bucks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Double O Magic
Ok thanks for the immense amount of info you have contributed so far! It has really helped!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Somebody already mentioned this and I second: That's one volume of Tarbell.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
208 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 18:42, critter wrote:

Which one would you recommend? (Start from #1?)
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
I suggest Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. There's SO much magic in there, great stuff for beginners, explained thoroughly. The content is varied enough that you will be able to nibble around and find what type of magic suits you.
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 08:13, Double O Magic wrote:
I am not neccesarily new to magic just thought this is the best place to ask I think I have bendoing magic for 1.5 - 2 years

Hmmm. As far as I understood he is NOT new to magic but wants some concrete recommendations, not hints to common magic literature. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-16 03:16, Double O Magic wrote:
Once again thanks olaf because mind you guys...I just got out of small little cheap tricks that your Grandpa taught you at 7 years or on the internet maybe about a year or 8 months ago because I only tested tricks on my parents or my very close friends. So all these options to jump even deeper into this world is hope ful. THanks!

So my tricks just became really good but I do not have many props because I was very interested in card magic then. SO honestly I don't know what a beginner really is in this field of entertainment.But I don't think I am new.

But what about the two links I gave?
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 04:31, Double O Magic wrote:
But what about the two links I gave?

Thought I had answered this one.

First link:
You don't need 16 sponge balls of various sizes. Buy 4 only (2", red, super soft).

Second link:
I don' t know this particular DVD. The one I can recommend is Steve Dacri's "Sponge ball toolbox". Maybe someone else can help out here?
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

So 2´´ is ok for small hands too?
olaf911
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
104 Posts

Profile of olaf911
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 05:04, Double O Magic wrote:
So 2´´ is ok for small hands too?

Yep.

Well, if you happen to be 12 years old with really small hands, then maybe you go for smaller ones for a start. But the size does not matter as much as one would think. I am sure most people will be happy with 2", even ones with small hands. Since sponge balls are - you guessed it - made of sponges, they are highly compressable. E. g. you should be able to hold one in thumb palm without flashing even with small hands. For routining you will impress your spectators much more by vanishing a large balls as by vanishing a small one, since it is "more impossible" for the eye.

Steve Dacri demonstrates on his DVD how easy handling of larger sponge balls really is. In fact he is uncomfortable with small ones. I agree here, so you should be fine.
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

I'll try out with 2´´...but the reason I was thinking about the assortment of sponge balls was because a free thumb tip came with. But i´l try and find a nice deal and buy it.But I will have plenty of money leftover to get some other things too...there was something that I wanted and it is on the tip of my tongue but I forgot what it was...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Most of my favorites are in Volume 7, but it is probably a good idea to start with 1 and get like one a month. You'd stay busy that way.
I lucked out and someone who cared about me gave me the whole set for my birthday a couple years ago.

Quote:
On 2009-06-17 22:10, Yekrats wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 18:42, critter wrote:

Which one would you recommend? (Start from #1?)
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I have 40-45 bucks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL