The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow - Serious (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Sideshow arts (arts) are simple! After all, the body is arranged to anatomically accept every one of the things we do. Bed of Nails, Sword Swallowing, Human Blockhead, Fire-eating, virtually all the acts can be learned within a few minutes, less time than mastering a double lift.

The difference is in commitment… A sword in your pipes, a flame in your face, any of the things we do call for a mind set that has been conditioned out of a "normal" person throughout his/her life. Yet a person who has diabetes, for example does the act perhaps a couple of times a day. Mind-set. When Jennie (Krista) and I teach the arts, most of what we do is conditioning the mind and attitude. (I‘m writing this post for two reasons.)

All the real sideshow acts are dangerous with very few exceptions, and should be taught by professionals, who can teach you the responsibility and the risks, and tell you ways to augment what you’re doing and see where your problems lie.

Trying to fake the arts is an insult to those who do things with a history that goes farther back than what passes for magic today to days before the birth of Christ. Many things I see posted on the web are erroneous, improper, even lacking parts that would make what you do infinitely better... And these posts are dangerous, citing dangerous materials and practices.

How committed are we? We live just outside San Diego, CA and we charge nothing to teach as much of the arts as you can learn, including some very old ones you might never have heard of. We put you up for about three days, feed you and accommodate you as friends, not guests. What do we ask? That you have the right attitude, be honest and help with your own expenses. Why? Because we are absolutely committed to furthering the sideshow arts. Those we have taught are all over the country, and working.
Slim & Krista Price
sanscan@4dcomm.com
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Well said Slim & Krista.

I think some people suffer from the "magician's mind set" i.e. that everything must be gaffed, and that is insulting to dedicated sideshow performers.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion though that this board isn't the place to discuss these things. In a few posts I mentioned the correct fuels for fire breathing/eating. Obviously this is a mega safety issue and is one which should be made widely available. Now, in those posts I did not state, either implicitly or explicitly, that fire eating/breathing was either easy or safe. Far from it in fact— I stated outright that burning is more than likely. But the posts were removed.

So, everyone, go to Slim and Krista's site for a full and open discussion of the world of the sideshow. While there you will also receive important safety information too, something you won't get here.

ML
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Hi guys, I was just on the sideshow site yesterday. I can't wait to post questions as they come up. Slim and Krista, thank you for starting a site dealing with these things. Once again thanks Missing_link for going out of your way to help me. See you guys over there.
When I feel blue I start to breath again
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Hey thanks guys. I'm going to check things out soon. I'm glad to have found a place to discuss the dangers in some of the things I like to do.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
adam_wolfe
View Profile
New user
england
20 Posts

Profile of adam_wolfe
Hey it clearly states why you can't post these things in the welcome section (they do have a reason). how do I get to slim and krista's site I'd love to check it out and you are right people should be made aware of the dangers in sideshow.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
You can come to our website by just typing "Slim Price" in most search browsers or use this link

http://www.sideshow-freaks.com/sideshow_......tocf.htm

Please sign the guestbook
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sideshow - Serious (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL