We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Ernest Hammond (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
419 Posts

Profile of hcs
It is possible that Ernest Hammond in 1919 described a reverse Si Stebbins System first?
Can someone name a source please?
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 172 A4-pages * version 3.40
bik0z
View Profile
Regular user
France
108 Posts

Profile of bik0z
Christian,

It's likely that someone like Bill Palmer knows the answer, he knows almost everything. ;-)

But you should ask the question in the right place: I would post this specific question in the "For the record" section of our forums.

Hope this helps...
My English sucks, I know it. It's probably better than your French anyway...
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
419 Posts

Profile of hcs
Merci beaucoup!
Thank you very much for this advise!
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 172 A4-pages * version 3.40
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
279 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
This may in fact be the case... however, the mathematical arrangement of cards (which both si stebbins and a reverse order follow) were described long before either of these gentleman.

The first reference to this type of cyclical stack is, as far as I know, from Horatio Galasso's work 'Giochi di Carte' which was published in 1593.

The Conjuring Arts had one of their Gibeciere issues dedicated to this rare book, with a complete translation to english.
Pick a card, any card...
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
419 Posts

Profile of hcs
Thanks Jeff. I know this.

I'm searching still for the first mentioned source of the REVERSED Si Stebbins Stack!
Reversed means "add values going from bottom to top".

Is this the way in Galasso's arrangement in Giochi di Carte?
hcs
View Profile
Elite user
Germany, Magdeburg
419 Posts

Profile of hcs
Thanks to Mr. Palmer.
In 1919 Ernest Hammond indeed described a reversed Si stebbins Stack in his Book "The Magic of To-morrow"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Ernest Hammond (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL