The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Killer Prediction by Cody Fisher (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Jan, does German allow for the German equivalent of, 'the' to be applied as in, Der Konig Herzen?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I've been opening almost all my stage shows with this for about 3 years. Absolutely mystifies and kills. Honestly, it's hard to think of a more perfect opener for many reasons.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
A very good friend of mine in Germany performs Killer Prediction in this manner:

Since the German card values are written with just the suit + value...For example: "Heart King"...One way to get around the language issue is to have on one of the papers read: "My Prediction is...". I am sharing this idea with his permission. I hope it helps!

So glad that many of your are able to use this in your shows!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Greetings Fellow Magi,

I just absolutely love Cody's Killer Prediction!

Having recently received the PDF from Cody, I am still in the process of working on this superb effect. I really look forward, with great anticipation, to performing it.

I have one great personal admission to make, (sharp intake of breath), I have always had this great reluctance to use either a Brainwave or Invisible deck! It just seems to me that either of these excellent devices have all sorts of attendant possible pitfalls when it comes to using them under pressurised performing situations.

I wanted to use the maximum amount of Cody's excellent effect but get away from using either a Brainwave or Invisible Deck. It was with this in mind that I suddenly remembered an effect of another of my magical guiding lights, Richard Osterlind. His effect "Richardwave" seems to me to be, in my case anyway, the answer to my difficulties. I cannot recommend it enough. Furthermore, another great plus is that it takes only a minute to construct. It's simplicity of performing and method is quite breathtaking leaving the performer to concentrate on presentation. I'm a great believe in keeping the modus operandi as simple as possible-it's the effect on the audience that's important!

If you want to investigate "Richardwave" further, it can be found on his excellent DVD set "No Camera Tricks".

I hope that all the above ramblings might help someone out there. It's just my pennyworth!

With best magical wishes,
Lester

P.S Cody, thank you for your superb magic!
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Andrew_Jeffrey
I rarely post to the Café but as someone who does magic for a living I really wanted to add my thoughts on this trick, having bought the DVD and performed it for the public on a couple of occasions.

I confess I was intrigued by the ad copy - even pros can get suckered in by adverts, I know from personal experience - I once spent £20 on a paperclip and 3 DB cards!!!

However, I also agree with those who have posted that with a bit of thought, there is pretty much only one way that this could be done, after all.

HOWEVER - THAT ENTIRELY MISSES THE POINT! What I have bought (and gladly so) is the thinking process and problem-solving skills of a fellow professional, and that is worth its weight in gold.

Many of us on here perform for a living, and consequently tend to perform the same tricks over a sustained period of days, weeks or even years. The result of this repetition is that inevitably all the minor niggles or hurdles are sorted out in a practical way. In my shows I do the same 9 tricks most times, but occasionally add something new, old or un-tested to see how it plays. After a few tries you start to find the dead spots, the weak moments, the times when you need a joke to cover something, and so on. Cody has already done this - and the cost of paying for literally years of experience is, frankly, laughably low.

I watched the DVD and yes, while part of me said "D'uh, that's just Annemann" another part of me saw the huge potential.

Let me deal with the 'balls tossed out singly or together' issue that has been raised on this thread. Yes, they are tossed out singly, but the experienced performer will have no difficulty in reframing this fact, so that the audience will not recall this at all if the performer is skillful with his or her words.

Summary:
1. This will take you some time to get right, despite not being 'move-heavy'.
2. I'm not sure that this is a good trick for beginners, tbh.
3. You do need to have good audience management skills and think on your feet in order for it to look smooth.
4. Remember that the key thing is the effect, not the trick.

BUT: If you are prepared to work at the above, this is a 100% worker, and I have used it as a closer this week on two occasions. Given that it's only Tuesday, that's not insignificant. I think it is a fabulous bit of thinking and worthy of inclusion in any act that it would suit.

I do not know Cody or anyone related to him or the sale of this product in any way. I just wanted to make people aware that this trick can get killer reactions.

And the biggest compliment I can give this? It even fooled my wife.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Andrew,

Glad you are liking the routine...and happy to hear it passed 'the wife test'! I had to laugh when I read that as I too find myself using 'the wife test'...and Killer Prediction passes with flying colors. I find this routine to be a simple, fun, and fooling way to make your Invisible Deck (or Brainwave Deck) play much bigger on stage.

I wish you much success with the routine!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Can this be performed close up in any situations? Maybe for a group of 10 people?
My Lovely Assistant
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of My Lovely Assistant
Check out recent review by MY LOVELY ASSISTANT - Cody Fisher's Killer Prediction

Rating 4.5 out of 5 stars

Cody Fisher’s Killer Prediction is a DVD that teaches a killer stage prediction routine of a freely selected audience playing card, with a kicker. You get a 48 minute DVD with your purchase that explains the method. Nothing else comes with the routine and you will need either an invisible or Brainwave deck to perform this trick as well as another item which can be bought at Walmart for less than $10. The ad copy contains a note about the special decks and the other item so this review is not revealing something that Cody didn’t already publicly reveal.

Basically the performer hands a boxed deck of cards to a spectator and asks them not to open the box. The performer throws out three crumpled up balls of paper, one at a time, to different audience members and they in turn collectively select the card by naming the suit (let’s say ‘Spades”) and value of the card (let’s say “Nine”) and also whether the card will be “face up or face down.” After the card is selected by the audience, the spectator that is holding the deck comes up on stage and verifies that only one card is reversed in the deck. It amazingly turns out that the reversed card is the audience-selected card. Then, as a kicker, the performer asks the audience members that are holding the balls of papers to open them and display them to the audience. Again, amazingly, the three pieces of paper spell the name of the card, in this example one card would say “Nine” another would say “Of” and the final un-crumpled ball of paper would say “Spades.” Any of the 52 cards could be selected. It is a total free choice. I would not perform this trick unless you are on a stage and have at least 20 people in the audience. This trick can be performed to much larger groups than 20 as well.

The Magic Estate DVD is excellent quality production and is easy to watch. Cody Fisher performs the routine live in a comedy club so you can how it is done and the reactions it gets. He explains how to set up the trick and gives tips on various handlings of the deck (which are very cool) and anecdotes from past performances. Fisher also does all the instruction himself and he is an excellent teacher. The only minor negative comment about the production quality is that when the camera is pointed into Fisher’s magic case, there are excessive shadows. Other than that, the DVD is great. The ad copy and promotional video are both accurate.

This trick is easy to perform in front of an audience and involves at least 4 different audience members which adds to the energy of the trick. The routine can run anywhere from 4 to 8 minutes and it will knock ‘em dead. If you don’t have a routine and want one, you can buy a killer trick for a very reasonable price.

This DVD is well worth buying.

www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/4763
Visit www.mylovelyassistant.com for magic product reviews.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Wow...thanks for the review My Lovely Assistant...glad you liked it...

Cody S. Fisher

hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
Very fun and fantastic effect but if it is performed with a small audience of 3-4 people is it still equally good? like you can get 1 person to say suit and number while the 2nd person can help out towards the end of the effect just before the KILLER PREDICTION REVELATION( if this effect is done with 2 people)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2016, hocuspocus wrote:
Very fun and fantastic effect but if it is performed with a small audience of 3-4 people is it still equally good? like you can get 1 person to say suit and number while the 2nd person can help out towards the end of the effect just before the KILLER PREDICTION REVELATION( if this effect is done with 2 people)

Not really any motivation to toss out paper balls when there are just a few folks present, and it would look silly IMO.
If you don't do the paper balls you're just doing an invisible deck.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2013, Tim Hannig wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-11 14:52, EventEntertainer wrote:
I have and USE Cody's Killer Prediction. I prefer it over the $200 Card Trick (which too is great! In fact, does anyone needs any foam bricks...). Recently I came up with my own variation that I believe will take it to entire different level, eliminating a few elements. For one, I don't use a briefcase Smile

I'd love to hear any variations others have come up with regarding not using a briefcase. Feel free to PM me or post here.

Thanks!

Traveling constantly and lugging my stuff around, I would also be very interested in hearing any variation that doesn't involve a briefcase. Feel free to PM me, or post, if you're willing to share.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2016, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Not really any motivation to toss out paper balls when there are just a few folks present, and it would look silly IMO.

Who is doing a stage show for 3-4 people?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I know of at least 7 pockets I can use... And there is no need to have the paper balls ready.... Take a paper out and make a ball... Occasionally I need more outs, and they come from various pockets... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

In the older version (PDF) I mention using a briefcase as that is how I use to perform this back in the day. When the DVD came out, the routine was several years old and there were several updates and additional ideas. Since I am traveling quite a bit now, I really need to pack flat. As pointed out on the DVD, I no longer use a briefcase but rather one of those collapsible cloth boxes. The box packs completely flat and also allows me to perform this effect completely surrounded.

Hope this helps...

Cody S. Fisher

HoDinhYu
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of HoDinhYu
Anything Cody Fisher. Go buy it. Done.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Not a lie HoDinhYu
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Very true, HoDinhYu and paisa23!

By the way, for those wondering how to get this to pack flat, as Cody mentions a cloth box helps. In addition, you can find clear, collapsible cups on Ebay or Amazon, and to hold the props I bought a collapsible sock organizer made out of fabric. This way, the whole thing literally packs FLAT. The thickest prop when broken down is the cup (I use this one: http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Friends-PORT-A-PINT-Collapsible-Glass/dp/B002RA38TQ). I keep pre-written paper in a folder so when I get to my destination I can crumple the necessary balls, set up the sock organizer and cloth box and I'm ready to rock and roll. I just use the cloth box to store some other props that I use earlier in the show to condition people to being used to me using the box.

While I'd normally use Cody's setup for the balls to avoid having to make new ones each time, being able to pack this super flat was crucial when flying out to Hawaii to perform. Every bit of space helps in those cases!

Really, really love this effect.
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2016, videoman wrote:
Quote:

yes agreed, there isn't much fun in throwing the crushed paper balls, just a quick question, if done with a small audience, how do we justify the use of the collapsible box? As with a small audience, people may find it redundant to even have the big box for just holding the small metal bin and paper balls.
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
I don't really have access to large audiences so was wondering how it is justifiable as my spectators are very curious beings who try VERY hard to find loophole or anything suspicious. yes some might say don't all audiences do that, I feel not many audiences will do that as this is better done as a stage effect hence I need someone who can help me out. Smile help appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Killer Prediction by Cody Fisher (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL