The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th century silk help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
457 Posts

Profile of krowboom
I have the basic 20th century silk set and the picture on the instructions shows the red silk between 2 blue silks with each side showing knots with 2 ends sticking out. While it is very clear that you have to make a knot on one side I have no idea how to get a knot on the other side. The instructions don't explain how. Would appreciate some help either by pm if you feel this is exposure or just by answering openly on the Café. Thanks.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Why not PM me about that? I'm on the road today (as usual) but I will answer you when I get to my next room.

I love to combine 20th Century Silk with Silk to Egg as a routine instead of two isolated tricks. Each solves the short comings of the other. (I haven't performed that since last night in Dallas. LOL)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1456 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Interestingly, I believe the Silk to Egg was (originally) never a 'stand alone effect' but rather performed as a part of "Kling Klang', notably in the performance of Judson Cole. It was one of Charlie Miller's favorite platform effects and I think he wrote up about four variations in Genii's Magicana. Of course, the silk encycl. has even more!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 16:40, krowboom wrote:
I have the basic 20th century silk set and the picture on the instructions shows the red silk between 2 blue silks with each side showing knots with 2 ends sticking out. While it is very clear that you have to make a knot on one side I have no idea how to get a knot on the other side. The instructions don't explain how. Would appreciate some help either by pm if you feel this is exposure or just by answering openly on the Café. Thanks.

While the knot the audience sees, has two ends, the other one is generally and lazily silk that are sewn together. You can, of course, cut the thread and tie them together so the continuity is there.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8573 Posts

Profile of funsway
Those little dental rubber bands that come with Folding Coins can bind the ends of two silks together in a 'knot' ala Furst's Sympathetic Silks.

for combining effects try merging those two effects. Two red and one blue silk on each chair -- the left ones are tied together. One knot comes undone on the left and the two red silks on the right are knotted. Now the second knot disappears on the left and the blue silk on the right is between the two red ones.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th century silk help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL