The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Ozer's Tutorial (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
I recently purchased some of Ozer's tutorials from his web site. Here's a review of one of the effects presented, Hofsinzer's Delusion.

Tutorial length: 4min 40 sec.

Sleights taught/used: Flip-it move, flip-flop-plop, gambler's cop, siva count, riffle force, double lift.

Clarity of instruction: Very good. Oz moves through the routine quickly. He does not waste time on the basics, but shows all the important sleights in an easy to see manner.

Audio quality: Clear, with no drop outs.

Video quality: Same quality as his website demos. Single view camera angle. Oz does a good job of moving his hands within the frame to demonstrate what he is explaining.

Bang for the buck: Hard to determine. This is my only (minor) quibble. At $8 per tutorial it is more expensive than buying a DVD with 6-8 routines on it for $30, and is obviously not as slickly produced.
I purchased four tutorials and got the fifth one free, bringing the cost per tutorial down a bit. I am willing to cough up the exta money to support a member who has taken the time and effort to put out something like this but would expect more from a professionally released project.

Over all I think Oz has done a nice job given the limitations of production and fitting in a tutorial constrained by file size. He credits all the relevent moves (except for flip-flop-plop which he uses, but does not "teach") when necessary for those of you concerned about such things.

Bottom line: I will purchase more of Oz's tutorials for the routines that interest me, and will certainly give his forthcomming DVD a close look.

Great Job OZ!
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Yeah, support the members!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
learning just one slight correctly is well worth the cost,
you could by a novelity trick that breaks and the trick is lost.
However learning slights will last a life time
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2272 Posts

Profile of Logan
Well said Vinny my man!

I still am loving that V-fold!

Take care friend,

Logan

P.S. By the way, Oz rocks and I plan to get one of his tutorials! Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
331 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Thanks guys! I am trying to fit as much into each tutorial as possible, and think that the prices are pretty low. I agree with Vinny 100% on the fact that a sleight will last you a lifetime. Learn one good force, one good double, and one good control and you could do magic for a lifetime, and lots of it. Thanks again Gandolf for your honest review and kind words. Information on my DVD, as well as a trailer video, will be going up on the site this week. Be sure to check out http://www.watchmagic.com
-Oz
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
It's good to see members contributing their own creations on the Net, where it can reach people all around the world without the price of shipping.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Very nice review gandolf. Agreed. I am sure Ozer appreciates your appreciation for his work.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Ozer's Tutorial (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL