The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » David Williamson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Hi All

I have been using the David Williamson´s "Ring and rope" routine for many years - and it is great!

But sometimes the end of the routine seems not so strong as the rest of the routine, does anyone have a alternative ending?

Thanks

Kristian Skovbo
Denmark
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Hi Kristian
Could you please give us a link to this routine?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Have you seen the alternative ending that is on the 'International Magic Fabulous David Williamson Close Up Lecture' DVD? Credited to a friend of Williamson.
Well worth a look.
Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Hi Puggo

No I haven´t seen it.

How does it end there?

Best regards,
Kristian Skovbo
Denmark
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
How it appears -
The ring is taken off the rope. The rope is then held by the middle with the ends hanging down, and the ring is placed onto the middle being suddenly linked on again (this looks very strong)
The ring is then placed in the pocket while still linked, the ends are tied together, and the rope is pulled out the pocket, but the ring has stayed in the pocket.
My description perhaps makes this sound a bit dull, but I thought it looked like a good alternative.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I thought that that was Williamson's standard ending.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
On the Int. magic lecture, I thought that David said it was an ending his friend (Bruce?) came up with. Perhaps my description is a bit lacking.. (I was trying not to tip the method)

...dashes off to load 'Dave2' into DVD player... dashes back..(OK perhaps not actually dashing, perhaps more of a walk!)

What I thought of as the standard version (Dave2) has a 'finger scissors' cut and restored sequence with and ends in pocket - middle transpo.

If I am wrong, sorry!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » David Williamson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL