The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for ninja rings performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jw_2101
View Profile
New user
Singapore
76 Posts

Profile of jw_2101
Any suggestions I have no experience choosing music for a performance. I'm not even sure this is the right section to post in, but at least you guys know what the linking ninja rings are...

regards
and thanks for any help
jonathan
He is no fool who would give what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Whatever it is...I think the music should be upbeat and fast paced. That is how Ninja Rings are done so that would work well. Sorry I cannot give specific examples.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
If you mean Shoot Ogawa's Ninja Rings, I wouldn't do it to music. I do not own it myself, but I have seen it performed.

It has a lot of audience participation. For example, if you do the move where the spectator links the rings, that would be hard to time to music. Also, you would have to explain to him/her what to do over the music.

Just my opinion. If you do the Shoot Ogawa routine, don't use music.
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
I guess you've never seen Shoot perform the ninja rings in his close up shows and parlor shows.

He either opens or closes with his ninja routine spectator link and all to music. I'm not sure what song he used but it looked very nice and the best performance of any linking ring routine I've ever seen Smile
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Wow, I didn't know that! I guess the guy I saw was doing a different version...

I stand corrected.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Alex, you are restricting yourself way to much to Mr. Ogawa's routine. Why don't you be creative and rework the routine to fit your needs so you could use music. I am not saying you should if you don't do the routine, but anyone who has complaints about themselves doing the routine to music should be creative.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
As I said, I don't personally own the routine. I agree with you about being creative, but I have seen a guy perform a rings routine that he said was the ninja rings, and I saw that it wouldn't work well to music. I didn't realize that there was more than one version of Shoot Ogawa's ninja rings.

Again, I stand corrected. Smile
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Over the years I've trained myself to listen for music that I think would be good magic music. I then file it away and hopefully some day find an effect that will go with the music. I've even gone as far as to develope an original effect and routine to fit a song I really liked. I think this is probably the opposite way most magicians do it, but it works for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music for ninja rings performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL