The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Approaching a table of adults (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
I was curious how people approach a table of adults when working a restaurant for tips with balloons. Do you just pass by, or do you approach the table? What works best for you?
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I always do the chilrens tables first.. UNLESS and adult table request me... The or when there are no childrens tables I will save the huge Don Caldwell table stuff for these tables.. I just go up and say.. "Hey you want to see something amazing?" Or I do magic...
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
"Did you big kids want balloons too????"

"NO? want to see a quick magic trick?"
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 09:42, Bad to the Balloon wrote:
"Did you big kids want balloons too????"

"NO? want to see a quick magic trick?"

Love these... Very good
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
First, I don't work strictly for tips (and you shouldn't either)..then I will usually pre-make a nice 2 balloon flower for the lady if it's a man/woman table, hand it to the man with my usual, "sir, give this woman a flower and make her night". Always works. I live in a college town, and I get lots of college kids with the usual, "HEY, HE WANTS A BALLOON!" comments. I try to stay away from them, unless they seem relatively cordial to the idea. Half-drunk rich frat boys are more trouble than they're worth, and most of them are worth a lot of money. They won't tip, however.

Steve
Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
Last year I was hired to create balloons for a Grandparents appreciation day at an assisted/non-assisted living facility. I thought I would be up front creating various animals, flowers, etc. It turned out that I would walk around and make the balloons.

It threw me through a loop at first. At the first table I approached were these darling ladies (no kids). I just asked point blank "would you like a special balloon."

The reaction except for one was "oh no," while shaking their heads giving the impression they thought they were too old to receive balloons.

I proceeded to build a flower balloon for the one who wanted one. She was delighted and it brought a smile to her face. After that a couple of the other adult seniors wanted a balloon.

I believe this was the same event when I approached a table I received a reply from one gentleman, "why not, we are so old now we are like children again!" Smile

Have a great day everyone,

Steven
http://www.Zoomalata.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Approaching a table of adults (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL