The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bill Switch without a TT ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
I am looking for ideas / methods to do a bill switch without using a TT ?
Would a 'Cloaking Device ' work for close-up table hopping ?
The goal is to switch a borrowed dollar for a pre-folded oragami figure and still be magical / fun.

Any thoughts or tips are appreciated.

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Check out David Regal's Oragami Bill Switch, which can be found in his "Constant Fooling" books. It is the best routine without a thumbtip and it doesn't use any gaffs or gimmicks. The first phase is very deceptive. The second phase the audience knows more of what to look for so that phase is even more deceptive. It is a great routine designed to fool the analytical mind.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
There is the Pocket Power Book written by Jarle Leirpoll, he describes the Bill Switch without TT. He has also a video with this routine...
That is it! Smile Smile Smile Smile
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
The Pocker Power video is great!

Yes you can do a TT less switch using a 'Cloaking Device'. I think that Jay Scott Berry has that on one of his videos.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
When considering do a switch of a pre-folded origami dollar bill ring for a borrowed dollar bill, which would work best; a cloaking device or the method described in the Pocket Power book ?

Thanks, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2913 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I saw Jay Scott Berry do his bill switch and it's very visual. It's a little bit harder but its worth it. I didn't buy it since I don't do much money stuff but it's worth it if you are loooking for one. I think he teaches it on his videos.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Palm Bay, FL
382 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
I do a bill switch without a TT. It is a take off from Paul Diamonds.

Without going to great detail, the bill is hidden folded in the finger clip position. Just behind your two middle fingers, clipped between the top of your palm and your first knuckle.

If you play around with this idea, I am sure you will find a way of moving it for the switch.

Steve Hart
Cape Canaveral, FL USA
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Steve: Is this Paul Diamond switch documented anywhere that I can read more about it ?
In my quest to use the dollar bill ring as a give-a-way item it sounds like what I am seeking.

Thnaks, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4819 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
In the original manuscript by Mike Koslowski on the 100 Dollar Bill Switch (I hope I spelled his name right) he offers a method to do the bill switch without the gaff.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Slow Burn is a very nice, very open, switch. You never need to hold anything hidden in you hands and you show both sides of every bill (really), but all four change.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
If you can do a Bill Switch with a T.T., you can do one without it. It is pretty much the same except that the bill must be in the finger palm position to start. The exchange is basically the same.

Mike Kozlowsky's booklet, The Hundred Dollar Bill Switch does go over both methods and is listed for $12 at Hank Lee's.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I believe an explanation of the TTless bill switch is in the "Bar Bill Stunt" manuscript from the Ron Bauer Private Studies series.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The best at bill switching I ever saw was Johnny Paul... it was pure magical... He never used a TT. Jay Marshall is a master with the Koslowski non TT method.

I HATE THE SWITCH WITH A THUMB TIP. IT SUCKS.

I invented one that you put a large paper clip "to hold the bill folded in a square" with a giant magnet in your rear pocket you do it ala Channing Pollock's dove vanish. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
It is not so much about a bill 'switch' for me as it is a bill 'transformation' into an origami figure. ( $ Bill to $ Ring ) The trouble I have with a 'switch' in this instance is that the folded shape is immediately or quickly recognized which puts heat on where it came from.

There is a method that Michael Close used in Workers that used a handkerchief. But for walkaround there may not be a table to put it on.

I suppose a sort of delayed billet switch may be perhaps what is needed.
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
The bill swich with he cloaking device is called the "Lightning Bill Switch". It looks great. I would, however, strongly recommend getting the C.D. DVD or video with the gimmick. Hocus Pocus sells all three things. Search "Cloaking device".

Description:
The Lightning Switch - The magician's hands are shown empty and a banknote is borrowed. It is slowly folded and visually transforms into a different bill! One of the cleanest and quickest bill switches ever!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
johnathanblades
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of johnathanblades
Mike Close has one for just that thing. N'ough said
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
187 Posts

Profile of preston91
Steve Harts' TT less bill switch is real nice.
He markets it along with a mismade bill for like $8 good buy.
Also Paul Diamond covers it in his Best of Paul Diamond lecture notes.

Paul
EsKlibur
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of EsKlibur
Arthur Tivoli has created a new bill switch that has had great reviews here in France
"Poetry is the Magic of Lies,
Magic is the Poetry of Lies" - Jean Cocteau
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
187 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Check out fot the forthcoming book soon THE SWITCH written by John Lovick with contributions by all the heavies out there.

There is only one subject in there: THE BILL SWITCH (with or without TT and with or without bills)
It is published by MURPHYS MAGIC SUPPLIES and should be out soon Smile
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Thank you Mr. Huot...

It sounds like " THE SWITCH " is something to look forward to !
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bill Switch without a TT ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL