The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball Shell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9022 Posts

Profile of funsway
Has anyone used the ball and shell from multiplying balls or sponge balls in conjunction with a C&B or Chop Cup? I played with the ideas years ago but never performed it.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not yet.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
I've always thought the shell idea from a ball & vase could somehow be applied to a c&b routine but never figured it out in my head.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Didn't Harry Riser do a routine that combines C&B with a ball vase (Morison pill box)?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Harry Riser combined Ball and Cone with the Morrison Pill Box. Very nice routine.
Regards
Detlef
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 05:37, Detlef wrote:
Harry Riser combined Ball and Cone with the Morrison Pill Box. Very nice routine.
Regards
Detlef

Ah - that's right - thanks for reminding me. It wouldn't be too difficult to take the idea and adapt it for a single cup routine.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
It (using a shell and a ball) has been done ... by Finn Jon. You can find the published routine (The New Theory Chop Cup) in "Spectacle" - written by Stephen Minch.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I have incorporated the multiplying billiard balls with the cups and balls and the ball and vase. Of the two I like it with the ball and vase better. And that is just because I have a three cup and two cup routine that I already like.

I use the multiplying balls - - 1.5 " wooden - - in a two cup routine. There is no problem with sound as people are too focused on where the next ball is coming from or I use the rattling in the cup as the attention refocus point. I was using a regulation 2" eight ball for the final load but now I use a base ball. I'm toying with using the multiplying candles as a final load.

I would love to put together a multiplying cups and balls routine, starting with two cups and two balls and ending up with nine of each.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Hmm, I am thinking very bold here. What if you do the standard penetrations of the balls through the cup with the aid of the second cup. And as you lift the second cup the ball seems stuck (shell showing on top of the cup)then you press through the "ball" with your hand palming the shell along the way.

It would be very bold, but just might work.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I toyed with that and, for me, it doesn't work. So, it depends on how deep the indented part of the cup, the saddle is. On the cups I use, my saddle is to deep. I showed that bit to my wife and she said that from her perspective, the audience, she couldn't tell if it is the shell or the whole ball. However, if you use a set of cups with a flat bottom it works a little bit better, but it is still hard to tell if it is the shell or the whole ball.
Peace

Scott

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Where do you find 2" billiard balls -- real ones, not the wooden or fakini balls?

Nobody in my area has anything smaller than 2 1/4" balls in stock, and I could sure use some 2 1/8" and/or 2" balls.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Seems to me, with the mini cups you can produce 3 golf balls for final loads, then follow with a manipulation routine with the balls ending with them all GONE, only to re-appear under the cups.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Quote:
On 2009-07-17 12:46, Bill Palmer wrote:
Where do you find 2" billiard balls -- real ones, not the wooden or fakini balls?

Nobody in my area has anything smaller than 2 1/4" balls in stock, and I could sure use some 2 1/8" and/or 2" balls.

A game supplier in Atlanta. He had 2.5, 2.25 and 1.5 and some small 1 inch balls. they are basically novelties or scaled down for smaller pool tables.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 5:19pm
Bill,

I checked and it is a 2" Aramith ball. I think most of them are of just one color because they are for bumper pool or something, I'm not a pool player so I don't know. But the 8 ball was built for a set for smaller pool tables.
Peace

Scott

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I've got a few e-mails out for the balls I'm looking for. I do a chop cup routine with a billiard ball, a cue ball, and an 8 ball as the final loads. Unfortunately, my cup won't handle a normal 2 1/4" ball. When I started doing the routine, 2 1/8" balls were much more common than they are now.

The last ones I found came from a place in Canada. I don't remember who they were, though.

Thanks for the info.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Not to insult anybody's intell, but did you they make magnetic cue balls, they're larger than normal though as they are for the pay to play tables you see in bars.
Peace

Scott

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes. I don't know whether they have a magnet in them or a steel core, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Good point.
Peace

Scott

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball Shell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL