The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Single-balloon sculptures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 18:44, Ed_Millis wrote: 3- or 4-balloon hat can actually be quicker to make than many 1-balloon animals.

Ed

No one ever believes this Ed.. They just think the one balloon stuff with all the bubbles and twist and then pops and they have to start all over quicker...

They have to learn for themselves...
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
I'll be releasing a some new balloon DVDs soon. One will be starring S. Frank Stringham and feature advance 1 balloon figures.
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
491 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
I can highly recommend this video:

Brian Flora: "The Balloon Video"

http://www.floraco.com/brian1.htm#ballnvideo
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I just finished putting together a brand new DVD called 'Over 50 Balloon Models with 1 Balloon'.

It has 52 different balloon sculptures that can be made using only 1 balloon (if you didn't guess that from the title).
It's going to be cheap as well, probably about a tenor. It wasn't recorded in a high-end studio, but in my spare room. So its not got any fancy titles, weird camera angles or motion blurs that some other high-end DVDs have - Its more of an instructional DVD that actually teaches you something! I go through the entire process of each sculpture and I even recruited my sister to teach some of the models with on camera, so that any mistake she made, I could correct with you watching. Which I know will help many beginners.
The whole DVD has been broken into 54 chapters allowing you to jump straight to the model you want as well. It currently runs at about 3 hours.

Its going to be updated to my shop on the website later on today, along with my latest ebook, 'Space Magic', which is an entirely themed educational magic show centred around the theme of astronomy and a journey through space to the planets. It currently runs at 98 pages.

Steve
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Are all of these sculptues in your new DVD original ones? Will they all be properly credited? I'm just asking because I think single-balloon sculptures have pretty much all been invented or modified. It will be interesting to see what original ideas you can bring into the mix!
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
There are about 15 original ones that I can definitely say are mine, like a single balloon Spider-man and my own take on the classic dog and sword. But I won't say they are all mine because that usually gets you into trouble!

I was never taught any sculptures, I learnt my trade when I was hired as the entertainer for McDonald's some 13 years ago. They gave me bags of balloons and told me to make something which I did for 8 hours a day, every Saturday and Sunday. There was no Internet to teach me, no DVDs or books. I just twisted and twisted until I made something. Balloon sculptures have been around for years and many of the models that I devised had probably already been around the circuit for many years.

I don't credit anyone on the DVD, because quite frankly, there is no-one to credit. Even after 13 years and finally reading books and watching DVDs on the subject, I can't think of anybody crediting anyone on balloon sculpture designs, ever.
I guess some people like to credit themselves with the gigantic 50 balloon cars and boats which I can understand, but for single balloons there's nobody to credit.

I would be happy to make amendments to the DVD if you know of any. I would rather play it safe in today's 'credit madness' world and not accidentally upset someone. But I know of no-one to credit for single sculptures other than myself.

Steve
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Fair point made Steve; I agree its hard to credit generic single-balloon models. its just that nowadys everyone is so concerned about crediting that I was concerned.

I've been to your site and by looking at the list of contents, there are some interesting models and variations there.

Good luck in the sales of your new DVD.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I started with " Roger's Rubber Ark" and "One Balloon Zoo".
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Steve, when will your dvd be available?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Its available now from my website. Its a quiet sale - I'm only advertising it at my lectures and to frequent visitors of my shop. It will be mainstreamed released at one of the conventions in the future.

For reference, the balloons I teach on it are:

Pumps, Balloons & Knots
1. Basic Dog
2. French Poodle
3. My Dog
4. Basic Sword
5. My Sword
6. Rabbit
7. Butterfly
8. Giraffe
9. Snake
10. Ladybird
11. Turtle
12. Fish
13. Horse
14. Cat
15. Gerbil / Mouse
16. Parrot
17. Parrot on Swing
18. Ray Gun
19. Machine Gun
20. Hat
21. Dino Hat
22. Heart
23. Axe
24. Ball in Dog
25. Guitar
26. Flower
27. Tulip
28. Spider-Boy
29. Bat-Boy
30. Plane
31. Bike
32. Pikachu-chu
33. Teddy-Bear
34. Frog
35. Reindeer
36. Alien
37. Monkey
38. Fairy / Angel
39. Swan
40. Elephant
41. Duck
42. T-Rex
43. Long Neck
44. Sword Holder Belt
45. Shield
46. Bee / Wasp
47. Crocodile
48. Stegosaurus
49. Lion
50. Mouse
51. Pig
52. Chicken
Final Comments

Just visit the website for it. Its also cheap at £9.99.

Steve
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
That sounds good to me! My Wiz Kids are always asking for new one-balloon sculptures to make, so I've sent in my order. It's cheap at USD $19.99, too!

The Wiz Kids are only taught one balloon sculptures, although we encourage them to experiment with multiple balloon sculptures on their own (and with their own balloons!). It is our opinion that the one-balloon sculpture requires the greater discipline, skill and imagination.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Will you have any with you at the IBM?
I should be up on the friday and sat, gonna miss the comp I think.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I couldn't get a dealer stand at the IBM. I'm in the competitions anyway so I should be concentrating on that anyhow.

I'll have a few copies in my car for those that find me. That and my other DVDs.

Steve
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I just got Steve's (ku7uk3) "50 Balloon Models with 1 Balloon" DVD and it has spurred new life in the Wiz Kids' balloon twisting efforts. I have little balloon "critters" sitting all over my house and can't make a move without a "squish" or a "pop!" Thanks, Steve!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
When someone, usually a teenager, asks whats the most complicated thing I can do, I get two fully inflated 260s and twist them arround each other.
The most complex structure in the universe.... D.N.A
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Steve,

Look's great ... count me in.

Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Single-balloon sculptures (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL