The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zibits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I had the distinct pleasure, last night, to be conned into spending a dollar to see one of Doug Higley's lost children. (Of course, I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.)

It was worth every penny.

Doug's work is beautiful. Knowing some of the processes involved in these creations, I must also say that he has such a way with hair. I bow in his general direction.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello Harley:

I agree, I own a Higley Mer type Zibit, it is a work of art , it is the best investment I ever made. This is my first year out with the Zibit and I am a first of May for sure, but I am having a great time with it.

You are right about the hair, my mer has flowing hair, and the features on the face are so life like. Also Doug is always there to help with any questions you may have on running the grind show. He has a manual for sale on his web site, that contains a wealth of info , on operating this little grind show. I highly recommend it.

Doug is a true artist and expert on the Zibit . And what is really great is each Zibit is custom made, there is nothing setting on a shelf ready to ship, you get your own work of art made for you.

Rod Pringle
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
I love the claws the best. You could just think about swimming in a lake in New Jersey and feel something brush your leg...something swimming by...wait...did I just see something with claws?!?

Now I've got to stop keeping mine under lock and key and show it more than once or twice a year. But good news was today I was able to afford one thing off the dollar menu!

Work in progress,
Michael
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The colour is the thing that sets Doug appart from others. High ranking know it alls in the field of science have remarked on the colour !!! They should know !!! Right.
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
The Mers are my favourite thing off Dougs site. One day Im going to own one!
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
ZIDBITS!!...Puh-lease!!!...

(Doug, relax, I'm just tryin to liven up the board and sell a few zibits)
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Jim, please tell us what you don't like about Doug's work........but first, have you ever owned a zibit? That's a key question. There are many here who need the advice and I know how much you care about them.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Zibits, zidbits, exhibits, right over here folks, we have a basket full for your viewing pleasure.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Gladly Todd R (not Robbins)...I LOVE Doug's WORK!!!...and I think EVERY-one should own 1-2-or even 3 or more of them....and yes, I own a Zid-Bit, well sort of, it was given to me....The reason I personally do not purchase a Zid-bit and plan...Is, well, I've sorta invested a lot of money in my own plan, In fact, It puts me in sort-of a catch-22...You see, I am in so Deep, that I HAVE to make my plan work...So that I can sell it to you guy's...so that Someday, I may be able to re-coup my intial investment and maybe for once, actually turn a profit...But that's along way off....SOooo, I guess the Best advice I can Give..(Cause I do Care) is....Buy a Zid-Bit, and for now...Don't even think about My Plan!, at least not till I get it perfected.....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Ha!, we are all trying to make our plan work...and when I do, I will "can" it and sell it on late night tv...

in fact, I really don;t even have to make it work...just sell it on late night tv and radio....

Hello Folks, How in the heck are yah....with this simple plan you to will receive untold riches from the comfort of your arm chair. All you have to do is set up this "Museum" with back breaking work in the hot sun/cold rain/blowing dust/wind/snow/monsoon...

ANd sit back and collect the dollars as folks walkin/walk on by/walk around/don't even come/etc...

You will travel to exotic places and eat bad food...

You will meet idiots, er, enthralled patrons...

Things are always fun at the Fair!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Zibits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL