We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bally (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Ever consider putting up a smaller portion of the show for those smaller venues? You know, maybe just wheel in one wagon and one animal... Do it in a 20x20 or something... But then again, it wouldn't be America's Largest.... maybe America's Medium size... Smile
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Jim, maybe you should take some classes at the Strong Island Sideshow school.......John's a good talker and can probably give you some good tips to get you through the slow spots. If he teaches you anything, please share with the group......your advice is appreciated.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Todd R.(Not Robbins) For your Information..I have been a Student...Err, "Conscientious Observer" of the "John Strong Academy of Fine Sideshow Arts" since 1982..when I first worked for his (JS'S) Father..BiG John..After years of trial and error and meticulous research and first-hand fact gathering.. I could only come to the conclusion..That if one does exactly the opposite of John Strong..One would have approximately a 87% success rate in this Business..(this conclusion is not based on scientific study, and The Curator is to be Liable in his Claim, in fact, He really does not care if anybody believes or disbelieves, But either way,He takes no responseibility)...However, One thing is for sure, In this Researchers opinion.(The Curator,{me})..John Strong II or III or Jr. IS one of the Best "Talkers" I have ever heard, In fact,I have stolen, Err, based/styled much of my "Bally "after his, and Wards, C.M's, Bobby's, Stu's, Roger's and many others..In fact I wish everyone would record their Bally's so that Ross and John R put these recording's on "Ball-cast" and Sideshow World...Cause to be Honest...I am always looking for New Lines to steal..Errr, Learn from.....Best..
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2009-06-23 16:46, abigkahuna/1 wrote:
Ever consider putting up a smaller portion of the show for those smaller venues? You know, maybe just wheel in one wagon and one animal... Do it in a 20x20 or something... But then again, it wouldn't be America's Largest.... maybe America's Medium size... Smile

Yes, in fact we have been putting up only a 70' front with a 60' tent...Size doesn't matter (in this case Brett)...Cause I still have the same feed bill, pay-roll ect...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Yup, Ertye and Myrtle require the King-Sized bag of Reptomin! Which reminds me, does anyone know if Donny got his two-headed yet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bally (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL