The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Photo Album? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
I am thinking of using a balloon photo album in my magic shows. This way people could look through and have a better understanding of what I can create & pick the one they want. Would you recommend this?

If you have done this what advice would you give?

Thanks

Steven
http://www.Zoomalata.com
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Steven: I use a stiff art board menu. I glue pictures of my figures on it with names underneath each picture. I have the board laminated at Staples, (about $5), and I Velcro it to the front of my table. The only problem with it is that the pictures cannot be readily changed. I do not like the idea of an album because it's too easy for the kids to fight over, and easily vanished.
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Lots of folks use menus in the form of a book or large poster. I prefer to not be limited by a menu. Some of my favorite things I have developed on the spot when I was twisting at an event. One time someone asked for an LA Dodger hat, and although I never made one before, I was familiar enough with the logo that I was able to make one for them. Then, everyone at the party wanted the same hat. I still make the dodger hat pretty much the same way as I came up with on the spot. If I don't think I can make what they want to my satisfaction and my standards, I'll tell them that I don't have the time to make it or that I don't make that particular character. I know that I can make them something cool that they will like just as much as what they asked for. I know they will be happy. If you are not confident in your skills to be able to work without a menu, I would make it goal to be able to do so. My personal opinion is that in the long run you will be less like a balloon animal making machine and more of an entertainer. I think it will be more fun for you as well.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 16:28, Steve Yarosko wrote:
Lots of folks use menus in the form of a book or large poster. I prefer to not be limited by a menu. Some of my favorite things I have developed on the spot when I was twisting at an event. One time someone asked for an LA Dodger hat, and although I never made one before, I was familiar enough with the logo that I was able to make one for them. Then, everyone at the party wanted the same hat. I still make the dodger hat pretty much the same way as I came up with on the spot. If I don't think I can make what they want to my satisfaction and my standards, I'll tell them that I don't have the time to make it or that I don't make that particular character. I know that I can make them something cool that they will like just as much as what they asked for. I know they will be happy. If you are not confident in your skills to be able to work without a menu, I would make it goal to be able to do so. My personal opinion is that in the long run you will be less like a balloon animal making machine and more of an entertainer. I think it will be more fun for you as well.

I concur!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
I printed up a shirt with ten balloon animals that kids request most. That way the menu is always on me. Man that was bad.

That doesn't mean that I stick to the menu though. I have kids ask for snakes, tigers, and the like. But in general, they like to see what they are getting before I make it. Here, I'll attach a photo of my menu, kind of small unfortunately because of the restrictions. Please know that this is not all my work. I also do several of Mark's hats, and I've developed my own 3 balloon hitch hiking hat. But for school functions and the like this menu is really good.

Anywho... Shutterfly and Cafépress are awesome for printing up custom work like this. I did do my artwork in inkscape because raster graphics are scalable. What is on my shirt today I can print to a full sized poster tomorrow without any degradation in quality.

Click here to view attached image.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Tmyers sells a balloon shirt but its just single balloon crappy stuff..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Photo Album? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL