We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Bobby Maverick & Kozmo present: Busker BootCamp (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hey better late than never to make this announcement. But Bobby Maverick and Kozmo are going to hold a Busker BootCamp NEXT WEEKEND in Northern Kentucky.

The weekend will simply be doing back to back to back shows with constant feedback from Kozmo and his #1 student Bobby Maverick. No classroom time, just street performing on a pitch with plenty of foot traffic.

This has never been posted online before. It was Bobby's intention to not conflict with Mario & Gazzo. So, this announcement comes after Mario announced that they would not be coming to the US with their School of Busking and after their school was in session (this weekend). ie. No competition implied or even possible

I am not affiliated with this in anyway other than to act as a communications link between people here online and Bobby (who is organizing the event). I may be around that weekend squatting on the pitch and making balloons to keep some of the local clowns away while you all have lunch together, but that's all.

I'm lucky enough to have had this experience twice now. And while I'm no master street performer, it has helped me beyond measure. Both of these guys are great performers, and great teachers.

The class size is teeny tiny. There may be 6 guys tops. Most likely less. You will have every opportunity to do your show multiple times a day. Trust me, I know this pitch well. You will get lots of personal attention and lots of time to work on your show.

It's NEXT WEEKEND though!

Why announce it so late? Well, like I said, the UK School of Busking was/is this weekend. It's out of respect.

PM me if you want Bobby's contact number. That's how Bobby asked me to do it. I'm just the messenger. He's at a festival this weekend, but will answer his phone or get back to you ASAP.

I won't answer any questions on the open forum....or through PM

I WON'T answer any questions on the open forum....or through PM

I WON'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ON THE OPEN FORUM....OR THROUGH PM

Just PM me if you want a contact number. This ain't my baby.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
If you are in the Boston area, don't go down to this event. You won't learn anything useful. These guys know nothing about the real business.

If you are not in the Boston area, I would run, not walk, to this. What a better way to learn the business than to watch it in action and then to ask questions about what you just saw?
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Tip
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Tip
Gee.... I saw Bobby work the street. He seem to know what he is doing and making money at it. I have seen some of the things Kozmo has done to as a busker or at Festival.
I don't know how is done in Boston, since I have never been there to see the sites. However, if there one thing I have learn is the street will teach you what you need to know. People like Bobby, Warpo, and Jimmy Talkalot will give advice when it is needed or deem important.

Please relate on who will do a class in Boston like they are trying to.
I certainly don't think they do it as a hobby.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I think this is fantastic. When I saw Eric Evans in NYC and Kozmo in NJ, I was just thinking the same thing...why don't they do a follow up workshop...drag some guys out and lets see this stuff in action...

You get nice appreciation for what they do when you see it live at a lecture, but to see it live on the streets...whew...I can only imagine.

Also to have first hand instruction...let me know if you guys come out to NYC or Jersey...I will be the first to go...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
[quote]On 2009-06-23 19:52, Tip wrote:
I don't know how is done in Boston, since I have never been there to see the sites. However, if there one thing I have learn is the street will teach you what you need to know. People like Bobby, Warpo, and Jimmy Talkalot will give advice when it is needed or deem important.

Please relate on wBoston area guys shouldn't attend so that they wouldn't get better so that it would be easier for me to work the streets.
Marty Sasaki

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Some day I'll figure out how to do this right...

My comments were meant to be a joke. I was advising folks not to go there so that there would be less competition on the street for guys like me.

When Kosmo lectured at the local Ring meeting, I picked up a huge amount of information and got a chance to see what is going on. It was also great fun that after the lecture Kozmo and Danny Hustle followed the regulars to the IHOP for coffee and late night snacks and lots of conversation and story telling.
Marty Sasaki

The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Dood, even professional writers have a tough time writing comedy. It doesn't come across in print well. Now add the fact that you're a rank amateur... Smile Smile
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Chad
I whish you or the best but let me put you straight.
Your event is nothing like the School of Busking as you have highlighted it above. No competition implied or even possible, well said, I agree, spots on.
I have to correct you on one thing, I said we have no plans; this was in response to a lot of our American Friends that have been emailing us asking about the School of Busking.
Perhaps I should have said The School of Busking has no current plans to come to the USA but we are now under going talks with Gazzo and many Americans that Have showed Interest.
With my speeling and gramer skills, you got to laugh.
The School of Busking is the result of 4 yrs of hard work that has made it a huge success. Planning 2009 event started 9 months ago when I sat down to chat to Gazzo. This is not something we through together.
I will put my money where my mouth is out of 19 students that came on our cause you will find all of them will recommend it highly.
This cause is unique opportunity complete in its self, it tickles me to think of any one trying to copy it as I can see your are clearly not.

We had 20 places but 19 where full, the 20 place was your place Chad I really think your going to regret it for the rest of your life to quote a Student.

Gazzo is an incredible hard worker, he does not stop and now I know how he works well together we got a knock out punch.
So guys I wish you or the best in your.
So now all we need to do is firm up good locations and some dates and we will come to the US.
Mario
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Spot on Mario.. Accept no imitations, the true school of busking has been and gone. 110% recomended. I've never seen people put as much into 3 days as Mario and Gazzo did, We (the students) were full to the brim and Gazzo just wanted to pour more into us.
If the school goes to the states (and I wish you all the best in getting it sorted Mario) Then you guy's will have a true chance to learn. Thanks Mario,Gazzo and Veronica what you taught has the potential to change peoples lives.
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Quote:
On 2009-06-25 18:11, Mario Morris wrote:
Hi Chad
I whish you or the best but let me put you straight.
Your event is nothing like the School of Busking as you have highlighted it above. No competition implied or even possible, well said, I agree, spots on.
I have to correct you on one thing, I said we have no plans; this was in response to a lot of our American Friends that have been emailing us asking about the School of Busking.
Perhaps I should have said The School of Busking has no current plans to come to the USA but we are now under going talks with Gazzo and many Americans that Have showed Interest.
With my speeling and gramer skills, you got to laugh.
The School of Busking is the result of 4 yrs of hard work that has made it a huge success. Planning 2009 event started 9 months ago when I sat down to chat to Gazzo. This is not something we through together.
I will put my money where my mouth is out of 19 students that came on our cause you will find all of them will recommend it highly.
This cause is unique opportunity complete in its self, it tickles me to think of any one trying to copy it as I can see your are clearly not.

We had 20 places but 19 where full, the 20 place was your place Chad I really think your going to regret it for the rest of your life to quote a Student.

Gazzo is an incredible hard worker, he does not stop and now I know how he works well together we got a knock out punch.
So guys I wish you or the best in your.
So now all we need to do is firm up good locations and some dates and we will come to the US.
Mario

Hello Mario,

I wish not to try and "defend" the program that Bobby & Kozmo are offering this weekend. However I feel it important to clarify:

They are simply watching performers work and offering them feedback. There is no classroom instruction.

Again, I have nothing to do with the program, save a friendship with Bobby & Koz and it's being held on a pitch that I frequent regularly.

On a side note, I am very glad to read that your students got a lot out of your school Mario. It saddened me to not be there. I could have learned a lot from you and Gazzo. However, I felt that my hand was played out for me. I simply rolled with the punch (so to speak).

Best wishes to you and your school in the future. I hope to meet you one day and perhaps share a pitch.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Chad
Yes I agree you don't need to defend this program, you have made it clear it is not the same thing. as you said (ie. No competition implied or even possible )

Aagian I whish you all of you the best in your weekend.
Mario
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Boy I wish I could go to the Buskers BootCamp sounds like a great learning experience!

I have Kozmos TFTS DvD, I can only imagine having Kozmo and BMAV there ready to give advice in real time on an established pitch, too cool.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
It was a hot one on the pitch this weekend. I was glad to be just hanging out for most of it. Lots of foot traffic though. There were some really good shows to watch.

I did one show today and got to get some feedback from Kozmo on it. I wasn't part of this weekend's program, but it worked out that I wasn't taking anyone's spot in the rotation.

I'll tell you what. Kozmo can disect a routine like a surgeon. I couldn't believe the ideas he had for me after just watching the show once. It was little details here and there...but HUGE at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Things like, "Do that bit 3 times (here, here and here), not just once at the beginning. Make it a running bit. Get the audience to repeat it."
or
"Cut that bit out, you're losing them at that point. Just keep moving and get to the finale".

I didn't have an opportunity to try the show out again, but everything he said made perfect sense. Next time out it'll still be my show, just a better version of it with some help from Koz.

We then all had a meal at Bobby's house that deserves a new thread all to itself. Ya see Bobby used to be a chef. The guy can cook like no other. I haven't eaten that good in a LONG time.

Sal Piacente even showed up. Lot's of good stories, food & magic well into the night.

Good times, that.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Sounds like an exceptional time Chad.

I hope at least somebody commented on your manly legs!

;)

Sal maybe...?
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Man sounds like that was a fun weekend, sorry I missed it! I know there were a couple of guys from my area that were going have to contact them to see what was said of their shows.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Sounds like a good time
Busker Bootcamp, School of Busking...I like the names and concepts
Good on you

Too bad KY is in the middle of nowhere...
ray raymond
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of ray raymond
And colorado is not?
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

I'm also in favor of these being videotaped so buskers around the world can view these types of workshops.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
A School of Busking volume set is just been edit, coming out soon.
Mario
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Looks like there will be another Busker Boot Camp this year...I will let everyone know the details soon!

Best,

Bobby
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Bobby Maverick & Kozmo present: Busker BootCamp (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL