We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Smith & Wesson M-100s (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
344 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, first post in this forum.

I have just come across a pair of S&W M-100s cuffs with working key. Could anyone tell me anything about these cuffs... i.e. are they good quality, rubbish, old, etc? I worked as a doorman a few years ago and have them from that time.

Lastly, if I wanted to use them for an escape stunt etc. at say, for example, a private party... where would I be looking to source this info? I have got magic books coming out my ears but nothing on this subject.

I am not thinking of becoming an overnight Houdini, just thinking about using them to entertain now and then.

Regards Alan
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Smith and Wesson 100's are still sold and used by law enforcement to this day.

A great source for escaping them is the CORD vol.1 by Norm Bigelow. I am an official seller for Norm and would be happy to sell you one.

I also have a mini handcuff pick set that would go great with the info in the book. If you are interested, let me know and I'll give you a deal on both.

Shawn
X-treem

Please PM or email me.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Alan, there are several booklets which have been written about the inner working and methods of getting out of handcuffs. Shawn has mentioned one and other titles are
"How to open handcuffs without keys", "US handcuff Vol 1" "Modern handcuff secrets for magicians" and "how to make your own trick handcuffs" for most part, the information is accurate but most of those book were written about 20 years ago. The model 100 is not covered in any of the above books as it was patented years after.

The most current publication is the
"Handcuff Manipulation Training Kit"
The booklet on how to open handcuffs can be purchased seperately. Please contact
http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/

regards

Ian
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Dear Alan and Ian,

I do appologize for not listing more books that can teach you how to open handcuffs. The book I listed (in my mind) suited Alan's need.

Though CORD 1 was written in the 70's I have never had a problem applying what is in there to any modern handcuff.

True the book was written for the S&W 90 however I have used it with the M100, Peerless, American and Hiatt with no problem, It is just a matter of taking what you learn and applying it to the cuff in front of you.

As well Norm's new pick set is made from the M100 and was a lot more compact than any I have seen.

So it came down to, the same amount of info, saving Alan some money (hard to find some books Ian listed), and a pick set that has a pick for each cuff that I listed.

I meant no offense to anyone nor was I trying to be competive. I'm not willing to sell anyone anything that is not suited to their need.
Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Smith & Wesson M-100s (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL