The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Repertoire Vol. 1 - The Working Routines of Ben Williams - For Review anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Guys,

I have been writing up a PDF manuscript of my working material over the past months and am pleased to say it is finished. I would like to send out 10 copies to people here for review on the Café. These are, working routines with minimal prep and as much impact as my brainmush could come up with!

I have already sent out pre-copies to some friends and 'advocates' and it has been getting a fantastic response from them, so now it is your turn here!

This is a quick detail on each effect:

HEARTLESS - The pips from a selected card appear in a burst of flames, leaving the spectator's card heartless.

D.B.I.B. - This is an invisible/brainwave type effect in which any named card is shown to have a different coloured back to the rest of the deck. No Rough and Smooth.
The deck can be examined at the end of the routine.

IMITATE 1.0 - 1.2 - 1.3 - These are a selection of transposition effects between a coin and a piece of a spectator's selected card.

YOUR CARD MY MOUTH - My take on the card to mouth plot with a twist. With built in misdirection for the load making it a winner for every working situation.

STEAL - This is my handling on an old use of a card box. Allowing for an extremely fair selection and shuffling process where the spectator does 99% of the handling of the cards and an equally fair replacement into the card box yet at any moment you can steal the card into your possesion, this opens up the doors for some iron clad test conditions handlings with maximum magic effect as a payoff.

I DUB THEE - This is one of the best mentalism effects I perform with cards. A specator writes down the name of someone close to them and someone else selects a card. Inside your wallet you have an envelope, inside that is a single playing card with a different back design to the deck you are working with. It is the spectator's selected card, on the back of the card there is a name written, the freely thought of name.

I DUB THEE MENTAL - This is my handling for I Dub Thee that doesn't require a deck of playing cards, this is a routine of principles that culminates in a prediction being found in your wallet with a freely chosen item and name predicted. I have lots of ideas to make this a truely memorable and AMAZINGLY ACCURATE predcition.

WATCH MY PREDICTIONS - In this routine you manage to predict a spectator's selection and to prove it you show you had a corner from a duplicate selection taped to the back of your watch-face. When asked if you can repeat this feat a second selection is selected and again you prove it to be taped to the back of your watch-face. Of course this is 100% examinable the tape won't peel off.

YOUR CARD - This effect is as direct as it is amazing for lay people. It is a commercial piece of magic that is perfect for customizing to any situation. A selected card is signed and replaced in the centre of the deck. Some words are written on a piece of paper which is lit and bursts into flames. The deck is spread and one card has changed colour and has the same words written across its back in big black letters. It is turned over and it is the signed card.

CHAIN 1.0 - 1.2 - This is a signed linking card effect. Two cards are selected and signed, these can be free selections. These have the centres torn from them and they are linked together. This isn't an illusion of a link, they are linked like a chain link. These are unlinked and the card rings can be handed out and inspected or even kept by the spectator. Chain 1.2 is the same effects but the signatures on both cards are seen before, during and after the effect occurs.

I will release these copies to the selected lucky folk on Friday, hopefully you will be able to perform some of the effects over the weekend and be able to give honest reviews about both the PDF and the effects.

By PM'ing me for a request for Repertoire Vol 1 you are saying you will write a review, remember I will know who you are!!! I wouldn't want to give out 10 copies to people who just wanted it and can't be bothered to write up about it.

So hey PM me if you are interested, Friday the 10 lucky people will be sent their PDF.

Good luck,

Ben Williams
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
This is also just the first installment of the Repertoire Volumes of which there will be 3. The next 2 books spread a bit further away from mainly card items and have a lot more interesting mis-directional magic on them so they may be accompanied by a Video Tutorial.

I will post more about these at a later date.

All the best,

Ben Williams
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Ben,
This sounds like a great project.
The effects sound great, please show me some of them when we meet up next week.
Good luck with this release man.

Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Of course my friend!

Looking forward to catching up with you Bigman!!!!

Ben
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I sent you a PM.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Repertoire vol 1 is, in light of every instant downlaod book on the net, one of the best I have come acorss. Never before in my experience of books have I ever not wanted it to end like I did with Repertoire. As I approached the end of the book, I had that sinking feeling and literally said out load, wow. The idea's in this book are just simple, direct and clever. An effect for pretty much every person for any occasion and for those of you that are "Flash Paper Lovers", you'll get a special kick out of this one. Ben's an incredibly clever guy and this has got to be the best examples of a man who lives and breaths magic. I absolutly can't wait untill vol 2 comes out and can say that I feel like a crack addict, I just - Want - MORE! Stunning job Ben!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I agree with Jamie, This is a WICKED book. I can't wait to start playing with the effects in the real world, where they were designed for.

You can tell that this really is a collection of routines that Ben uses day in, day out and not some pipe dream collection of nothings.

Fantabulous tings!! Awesome job!

D.
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks for your all of your responses so far, I will be in touch on Friday with the 10 randomly selected reviewers. So this isn't a first come first serve issue, if you have any examples of previous reviews you have written please feel free to send me a link so I can read them myself, I am looking for honest, trustworthy reviewers to give me and everyone else honest feedback.

Also I have my website I have built nearly ready, you can view it here:

http://www.magicfromtheunderground.com

It will soon have video files uploaded and have a shop selling my e-books and download videos. Sign up to the mailing list and receive offers and news about my forthcoming ideas and e-books.

Many thanks again everyone,

All the best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I'd just like to say thank you for the response! As stated there is no time limit for requesting a review copy, so long as it is in by Thursday this week. I want as many impartial reviewers as possible.

Many thanks again for the overwhelming response.

Ben
Frank A. Glastone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Frank A. Glastone
Sounds good, wouldn't mind having a gander at these notes, the material sounds like stuff I could try out.

Will PM you Ben.
Xtreme Manipulator
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Xtreme Manipulator
Looks good. Thanx
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Frank and Xtreme,

I will add you in to the list of names I will be pulling from a hat on Friday.

Thanks,

B3N
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Many thanks for all of the submissions for Repertoire VOL 1.

I will soon be emailing the free copies out to the lucky 10. I look forward to hearing your comments and reviews and hope you enjoy the read!

All the best,

Ben Williams
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
OK!

All the lucky 10 have been emailed Repertoire, apart from a couple of entrants who I don't have an email address for. If you have entered this giveaway please check your inbox just in case you are one of the couple of entrants who are still waiting!

Looking forward to the reviews!

Ben
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
What about an eleventh entrant? Smile
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey Titanas,

Of course you are due one!! It's in the mail!

Looking forward to all of the reviews,

Best,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Just to let everyone know Repertoire VOL 1 is now available here:

http://www.magicfromtheunderground.com

It will have all of my newest creations and releases and some pretty good deals on existing products of mine.

So check it out, as a quick note it is not yet an automated cart so I will be sending orders out manually so please allow a bit of time before delivery and make sure I have an email address to send the goods to!!!!!!

All the best everyone,

Ben Williams
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
I must say this book had a lot to give. There were a lot of new ideas and some extremely clever aspects of some effects. I cant wait to go out and try some of these at my next gig.

Bernardo Rodriguez
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I was one of the lucky ones to get a copy of this ebook. At first glance, it's a well-produced piece with nice photos and plenty of detail. Skimming over it, I see some nice concepts.

Looking forward to digging into it more thoroughly over the next couple of days...

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
I have not fully read over everything. But from what I have read so far, this is a great peace of work. Heartless is great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Repertoire Vol. 1 - The Working Routines of Ben Williams - For Review anyone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL