The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mermaid Parade in Coney????.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
No Reports?...How did it Go??..Did the Impresario Have a Red one?...Ect.Ect.
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Rain storms and cloudy skies did not dampen the spirits of the hoards of revelers who lined Surf Ave and the boardwalk to watch throngs of elaboratly costumed sea creatures celebrate in this year's Mermaid Parade. In a route going from 21st street, home of the landmarked Child's restaurant and running west to 10th street where the 82 year old Cyclone roller coater still operates, and south up to the boardwalk, this year's parade boasted a longer path providing ample viewing space for those not wishing to march.
Taking advantage of the many...ahem...drinkabe 'bribes' on the judges stand, that's about all the detail I could give.
It was a great day!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2917 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I wasn't there be can speak from past experience that even a rainy Mermaid Parade can bring out several hundred thousand people. We would run full capacity all day long at Sideshows by the Seashore with and inflated ticket price of between ten and fifteen bucks. It is a very red one.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hello ....I was not there but I think Albert Cadabra's lady friend "Gal Friday" won Miss Coney Island ! .....He lives 3 houses away from me so I will see him in the nexy day or so and get the report ... Todd are you hosting MnM next week ?
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Gal was crowned Ms Coney Island last August. And might I add, is well deserving of the honor!
Albert was at the parade, we talked for a while. Things were crazy by the time I saw him.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2917 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
What a lousy parade. Such bad taste. That parade needs fixing.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
"If you ain't got Mojo Nixon
Then your store could use some fixin!"
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-06-24 13:56, Todd Robbins wrote:

I thought some of that..But, No longer, after wathing the U-Tube Video..(and others), My opinion has changed...I now have a "Better Reason" to take May/June off..Or, perhaps, Book June in the Jersey/NY area next year....
Evel Knievel

Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 14:04, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 13:56, Todd Robbins wrote:

I thought some of that..But, No longer, after wathing the U-Tube Video..(and others), My opinion has changed...I now have a "Better Reason" to take May/June off..Or, perhaps, Book June in the Jersey/NY area next year....

That would make NY the most sideshow populated area during that time period. With Sideshows by the Seashore, JS#3's shows, Ward Hall coming through town and the Curator, by golly, it would be a freakin' pleasure!
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Looked more like the Merry Pranksters Kool Aid Acid Test than what I expected. I wanted to come up for it but don't regret missing it as much after watching the video. Don't get me wrong, I'd still go if I had the chance. More nudity and I'm there.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1884 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
My pal did a great gallery of photos from the 2010 Mermaid parade.
Enjoy!
http://www.eloyargueso.com/NYCTourist/NY......ault.htm
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Thanks for the link!
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Great work!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mermaid Parade in Coney????.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL