The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CSI, The amazing ring vanish, you have to watch the video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Steve, you need to watch the two videos at the bottom of the page for the uncut versions.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Patrick66,

I heard an old magician friend of mine say "I know I'm actually ready to perform an effect only after I've grown tired of practicing it." I just wanted to share that with you. It may be old to us---but I promise you when you perform it for non-magicians you will be showing them something they have never seen.

But if you do sell it I bet you will have no problems. From what I hear there is a 2 week backlog now on orders.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

As far as drinking the coffee. This is where misdirection comes in. I actually take a few sips before I do the effect. By the time I patter about Houdini and show my post card of him and the ring vanishes then reappears on the Sword---no one even remembers the coffee anymore. Also if you do this without the sword just reproduce the ring and keep the coffee near you but just move on to your next effect. Once you pour the cup out (yes I do recommend this version) you will already show your cup is empty. The cups take some time to make but are well worth it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
I will wait a little longer, maybe I just keep the thing. I must admit I haven't performed it yet for anyone........
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2415 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
You can also pretend to sip the coffee when the first vanish is over and say "EEEW" "that tastes like metal, did someone put something in here" and pick up the chain and lock , again showing the ring has vanished, then reproduce it your way, they will never look back at the coffee.
Or at the very end of the routine, and you have made the ring reappear, now pretend to sip the coffee, and use some humor, there is no harm should a drop or two touch your lips, you need to injest it, and a good amount too,
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

Dave!

There you go. You just made my point as to how much I miss you not having this. You have great ideas. I will use that "taste" idea you just had if that's ok with you. I like that.

Patrick66 please perform it before you sell it. I'm telling you too as soon as the chain comes up look at the audience and see their faces. Talk about priceless.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
This is a completely horrible trick. I can't imagine anyone performing this for real people. I'm also pretty sure that this trick can't legally be performed in Canada.

If anyone has one for sale send me a PM.

jeff
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

Jeff---LOL

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2415 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Jeff, your pretty funny........

Eric, I would be honored.......

Patrick, good point , try it before you sell it, it will change your mind.But please post what you do decide,
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2009-07-30 06:53, dave wrote:
Jeff, your pretty funny........

Eric, I would be honored.......

Patrick, good point , try it before you sell it, it will change your mind.But please post what you do decide,

Patrick or anyone else,

Send me a PM if this isn't working out for your performing circumstances. As a science teacher and a magician I have the perfect setting for performing this. Smile

jeff
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I find it hard to believe that nobody remembers the coffee. Please, they are dunking the ring into a cup of coffee, and then they don't have any desire to want to dump the cup out to look? Your misdirection must be phenomenal. I suppose if you put a rabbit into a hat and made the rabbit reappear somewhere else, nobody would want to look into the hat to see if a duplicate rabbit was still there?
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2415 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Most people will want to look in the cup, it is a normal reaction, all the misdirection in the world will not help, but that is covered in the directions when you get your CSI,
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

Yes I use the Starbucks cup version and I do empty the cup out. I meant they don't care or remember if I drink the coffee. This is a great routine and I'm having a blast with it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2415 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
But they do want to see the empty cup, they don't care if you drink it or not,it is really fun to watch this effect , but more fun to do.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Mystification
As I don't have this effect, I didn't know about the option to pour out the coffee.

That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearifying that.

Some very clever thinking might elevate this to much more than I initially thought!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

Mystification,

I'm glad that helped to explain it. So far I have had very good response from my performing CSI. All I can do of course is speak for me. I don't let the audience know what I'm up to prior to the vanish. I simply say this is a replica of Houdini's famous ring and allow the audience to handle it. I then ask a spectator to come up and inspect the lock and chain (as Houdini used to do I explain). I then have them lock the ring on the chain. BTW watch as they do this to insure it is done properly. I then introduce a cup of coffee as Houdinis drink of choice. I explain how it helped him hold his breath longer. Then I say "Hey lets try something" I tell the audience to see how long they hold their breath as I take the ring and place it in the coffee. I then pretend to take a breath but start to cough as if something got caught in my air way. I say wait lets start over (while I pull the ring(?) and chain out of the coffee) To all of our surprise the ring is gone! I explain something went wrong! Then I say "you know Houdini always had an axe-man ready for just such a case. I pour the coffee out and the ring is gone. I then go to my Samurai Sword (which I say Houdini was always fascinated with Oriental magic) and uncover it to show the ring has appeared on the sword complete with coffee smell. It flows so beautifully and the story line even intrigues me so it's fun to tell. And as with any thing I share on the Magic Café if anyone would like to use this idea in your show please do so with my blessings.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22898 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I visit a restaurant quit often and there are a lot of other men that gather around and talk about the stock market and politics. Can you say if I could present this effect using the restaurant's cup. Being after the vanish the coffee is toxic, can I go outside and throw the coffee on their garden of flowers without harming the environment? Secondly, will the coffee cup be able to be put in the bin with the other dishes the restaurant takes to the dish washer and I will be safe in knowing I have not killed or poisoned anyone?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2379 Posts

I would get a "To go" cup and do the effect at the end of your meeting. Then pretend to sip the coffee if you choose. But to be honest I like the prepared cup method the most. It really is a sight to see.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I don't have this effect. I'm not even sure I know how it works. But regarding the comments about drinking the coffee...

Why would you? Someone just dunked stuff into it. It's garbage now. I wouldn't drink a beverage if someone had dunked a necklace and a padlock into it!

As long as you can show the cup is empty except for the liquid... you're fine.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I perform this a bit, and I always pretend to have a sip almost immediately after. This generally get's a laugh out of the spectator as I sip it and say "tasty" with a cheeky smile.

I don't like the prepared cup method, but wmhegbli you could do it with the restaurant mug but not throw the coffee out in the garden. PM me if you have any questions and I will answer them the best I can without exposing.

Luke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CSI, The amazing ring vanish, you have to watch the video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL