The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CSI, The amazing ring vanish, you have to watch the video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
It can be left off but it makes the vanish that much more intriguing as it "locks" the ring onto the chain. Without the lock the chain will be suspect in my opinion.

BTW, it's not obvious and when you have them take the stir stick and feel around there is no evidence. As Dave said, not many know about this "product".

The story I tell does not make the vanish strange. It all fits and makes sense. There is a reason to use coffee or a dark liquid in the story.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
It appears that the ring can withstand inspection before and after. Am I correct in that assumption?
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
mndude
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 12:23, CarlEJones wrote:
It appears that the ring can withstand inspection before and after. Am I correct in that assumption?

Yup, completely
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Though I kind of like the use of the lock, I think the chain makes sense on its own, considering you are lowering the ring into hot liquid.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've ordered this and its on the way.

The one I went for was the ring that looks like the lord of the rings with the writing on.

This coupled with the collectors workshop templar sword will make for a brilliant effect, well I hope so for what its costing!

I'll post a proper review / comment next week when it comes.

I spoke direct with the person at the company (can't recall the name) and he said you can even do this over and over in a walkabout situation which seemed an interesting application as I considered it more a parlour effect.

The kit I have ordered allows me to do this at least 10 times in a row without having to reset which even opens this up to table hopping at a push!

The ring can be held examined etc before it vanishes and after it comes back.

The reset has to be done at home or in private and takes some time so you won't be resetting on the night.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Ok, I might be way off here but does this thing require refills?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
mndude
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mndude
Seems like he didn't have the best spectator for the trick. He was rather unemotional. I do many of my tricks for two young women at the office that will scream OH MY GOD!!! at the top of their lungs for all of my tricks. Hmm, I wonder if I could outsource them for magicians making promotional videos.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Sorry found it in the FAQ Smile

"Q – Do I need to buy refill packs for the gimmick?
A – No, unless you lose it of course. The rings will last you a lifetime if you look after them (they are metal after all!)"
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Seems I'm way off in my suspected method. I thought you would use one gaff ring each time??
Do you get the black coffee cup included?
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
No coffee cup. I use my Samurai Sword with this now ALL THE TIME! It is perfect. I use a Houdini theme as well. I use the coffee as his "Water Tank" and I have a post card of him in front of the coffee. I lower Houdinis ring into the coffee and then show it has vanished. I pick up his picture and place it in front of the covered sword---you hear a "clink" and I pull off the curtain and the ring is on the Samurai Sword! It is just that clean folks I kid you not.

Good magic to all,

Eric
mndude
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 14:44, themagiczone wrote:
I've ordered this and its on the way.

The one I went for was the ring that looks like the lord of the rings with the writing on.

This coupled with the collectors workshop templar sword will make for a brilliant effect, well I hope so for what its costing!

I'll post a proper review / comment next week when it comes.

I spoke direct with the person at the company (can't recall the name) and he said you can even do this over and over in a walkabout situation which seemed an interesting application as I considered it more a parlour effect.

The kit I have ordered allows me to do this at least 10 times in a row without having to reset which even opens this up to table hopping at a push!

The ring can be held examined etc before it vanishes and after it comes back.

The reset has to be done at home or in private and takes some time so you won't be resetting on the night.

Lord of the Rings? You can have different ring styles?
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
Lord of the Rings? You can have different ring styles?

When I was looking around on the site I found that you could order and use keys, crosses, pentagrams etc.

http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/CSI_Sigils.html
www.jensmagi.se
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 20:51, The great Gumbini wrote:
No coffee cup. I use my Samurai Sword with this now ALL THE TIME! It is perfect. I use a Houdini theme as well. I use the coffee as his "Water Tank" and I have a post card of him in front of the coffee. I lower Houdinis ring into the coffee and then show it has vanished. I pick up his picture and place it in front of the covered sword---you hear a "clink" and I pull off the curtain and the ring is on the Samurai Sword! It is just that clean folks I kid you not.

Good magic to all,

I hope you are happy Sir! You've now convinced me to get the Mikame block trick, CSI AND the Samurai Sword!! And by the way, when I explained the block trick and CSI to my wife, she was more excited about these effects than any I've mentioned to her in a long time... She said, and I quote -- "Oh, you've GOTTA get those!!" I love my wife...... She's so smart and pretty....

Thanks!
carl

Eric
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I didn't format that last post of mine correctly, sorry.

I was in a hurry.. Oops!

Anyway --- thank you Eric for increasing my magic budget this month!

carl

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

Carl---my pleasure my friend!

Good magic to all,

Eric
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
The ad says that the cup can be emptied in front of the spectator. Is that a fact, or is that another one of those advertising whoppers that requires three asterisks, two disclaimers and some dodgy handling?

Wait, I just realized that although the ad states that you can empty the cup in front of the spectators, it makes no representation that you will not expose the effect in the process. Clever...
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2384 Posts

You can empty the cup and NOT expose the effect. I use this one the most. It is explained in the dvd that comes with it. This effect is worth the time and money invested in it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
I used this effect at a recent competition and it blew people away. I had people coming up to me afterwards asking me how I possibly vanish the ring. It truly is that powerful an effect. It does require some reset time and so it's not for table hopping but in the right circumstances it can really be strong...oh and I won the competition Smile

I'm thinking of picking up one of the pendants...but which one?

jeff
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Coffee is sometimes hot and sometimes not. I worry about having it handy for a little bit and it being hot enough.

Can you get HALF a vanish if it's not hot enough?? Thoughts?!

I want this and Samauri Sword but the total cost weighed against keeping the coffee hot enough worries me
Carl

Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I bought a small thermos that s holds 2 or 3 cups of coffee. Stays hot as long as you need. I just pour it into the cup to start the routine. No need to hide it if your doing a show. That way I can show the cup empty to begin with then pour the coffee in. All looks normal.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CSI, The amazing ring vanish, you have to watch the video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL