The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Camera surveillance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 21:47, EsnRedshirt wrote:
The only Moore's I know of are Brits! (Roger and Alan.)

Surely, you know Michael!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2009-06-29 15:10, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 21:47, EsnRedshirt wrote:
The only Moore's I know of are Brits! (Roger and Alan.)

Surely, you know Michael!

Oops, you're right. I'd forgotten about him. Not my fault, really. I've been standing on him for the last few years- along with much of the west coast, actually. We built a small city under his left armpit. We're almost finished mounting the Transamerica Pyramid to his navel in preparation for his upcoming sumo wrestling match with Rush Limbaugh. Sure, it's playing dirty, but we're hoping the release of gas caused by the inevitable puncture wound will move the Earth's orbit out by a few hundred thousand miles and solve global warming.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Sorry, I was talking about Clement Clarke Moore and Twas the Night Before Christmas. The poem gave us quite a bit of our modern Santa. Though I like the idea of MM and RL suma wrestling!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 23:19, landmark wrote:
Reporting from Lancaster, Pa. -- This historic town, where America's founding fathers plotted during the Revolution and Milton Hershey later crafted his first chocolates, now boasts another distinction.

It may become the nation's most closely watched small city.

Some 165 closed-circuit TV cameras soon will provide live, round-the-clock scrutiny of nearly every street, park and other public space used by the 55,000 residents and the town's many tourists. That's more outdoor cameras than are used by many major cities, including San Francisco and Boston.

click here for full article

Important for security or invasion of privacy? What say you?

Big deal. Consider the following (especially the last two sentences) ...

"My password system is a mess - and I bet yours is, too," Nick Summers writes in Newsweek. "... Companies spend billions of dollars protecting their computer systems, and passwords are a linchpin. With so much riding on Americans' faulty passwords, there has to be a better way to make our technology secure - and it's taking shape inside Carnegie Mellon University's cyber-security-research department. ... The biometrics lab in particular is hard at work taking the fiction out of science-fiction movies like Minority Report. ... This is where Carnegie Mellon wows its visitors, with toys that can read a person's fingerprint from across the room, reverse-engineer a 3-D model of a face from a simple 2-D snapshot and recognize a moving iris at 13 metres. Nearly every gadget here would give a civil libertarian a stroke."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/soci......1324241/

You can read more of the Newsweek article here:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/217014
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Camera surveillance (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL