The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pen/Pencil/Sharpie Manipulation? (resources) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JIMclubber64
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
So I was watching Masters of Illusion monday night, and there was one guy (I forgot his name) who did this fantastic manipulation routine using a coin and a sharpie. It involved changes (coin to sharpie, sharpie to pencil, ect), teleportations of the items, and a very visual vanish of a pencil, and he ended the routine with tons of pencils appearing out of his sleeves. Now when I was watching it, I thought that the basic concept of the routine could fit my style very well. But I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources that teach manipulation of items like pens and the like.

Thanks for your help,
JIMC64
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
For various pen/pencil manipulations etc you can start with a visit to http://www.pentrix.com
arios0
View Profile
New user
Lexington, KY
89 Posts

Profile of arios0
I believe the person you are talking about is Rick Merrill. He teaches many of his moves in his Home Schooled lecture notes.
JIMclubber64
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 15:54, arios0 wrote:
I believe the person you are talking about is Rick Merrill. He teaches many of his moves in his Home Schooled lecture notes.

Ok, yeah, that's the guy I was talking about. Do you know where I can find those notes?
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
arios0
View Profile
New user
Lexington, KY
89 Posts

Profile of arios0
I sent you a pm with a link where you can get them.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5246 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 17:09, arios0 wrote:
I sent you a pm with a link where you can get them.

Why a PM? Make it public, probably lots of folks could use that info, if not now then when searching these forums in the future. That's why so many magicians make lousy business people, too wrapped up in this secrecy thing. Give Rick some business, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
arios0
View Profile
New user
Lexington, KY
89 Posts

Profile of arios0
Sorry I am new to the forums. Have not read the rules yet, at some forums that is not allowed because of affiliations but if it is allowed here is where you can get it. http://www.internationalmagic.com/acatalog/Update.html
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I am usually pretty good at learning things, but learning to spin pen, pencil, or wand is a major problem for me.

Blah, I try for a few minutes and then give up!
arios0
View Profile
New user
Lexington, KY
89 Posts

Profile of arios0
Pen spinning is something I did a lot when I was younger. To put something together that looks good is not to hard. If you can do a thumb spin, a few different types of sonics, and an infinity you can do some amazing things. I think in Rick Merrills act he only does a thumb spin.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5765 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I saw Rick practice for years. He practiced constantly! Few of us have that kind of dedication. But, now he's reaping the rewards.

His website is being built, but his email is on the page that he does have up. http://rickmerrill.com/
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
I have loved Bizzaro's Marked Man Lecture notes on Sharpie manipulation. If you wanted to learn Sharpie magic, his moves are mind blowing. I believe he still has it on his website:
http://www.smappdooda.com/vend.html

you should check it out!
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pen/Pencil/Sharpie Manipulation? (resources) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL