The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » The arlington silk flight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Hey everyone I just saw the arlington silk flight malloy modern magic(http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/silk_flight.htm) and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Pros and Cons. Also if you had to use silks for this effect. thanks magician for life
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1452 Posts

Profile of JNeal
It's a prop variation on the "Signed silk in the Apple".
visit me @ JNealShow.com
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I own the effect and enjoy perforning it and would highly recommended it. my 2 cents....
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Its a really nice routine and nice prop from what I see, but you are buying technique. For my two cents, if the magician vanishes a silk, that is okay, but if the magician has to pick up the object to find the silk, then why the expensive plexi box?
The intimation here is that the vanished silk winds up in the box held by spectator, where-in reality, the silk to be found really is and has to be the machination of the magician and obviously so.
Concept here is flawed.
Its $50 or buy an apple, as JNeal says its a Prop variation of the signed silk in the apple. I do the same thing in my lecture with a signed silk in the wallet.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2652 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Wow, this item comes with a VHS tape. I wonder if I could find a used version of this trick in an antique store...
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1452 Posts

Profile of JNeal
One could do the old signed silk in the goblin tube (remember that?) as it was being held by the spectator and get a more powerful effect. The box is superfluous in this routine.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » The arlington silk flight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL