The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Battery Powered Receivers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Do they make battery powered receivers for a wireless microphone transmitter yet? If not, what is a good way to hook one up?

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 10:45pm
--------------------------------
Can anyone explain the following: http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Products/P......_content
Is it a battery powered receiver?
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Yes, there are battery-powered receivers that mate with battery-powered transmitters. Typically, they're for "ENG" (electronic news gathering), where the battery-powered receiver is attached to a TV camera.

Yes, the link you posted for the Shure P6R (similar products are the Shure P4R & P7R), but it mates with a desktop transmitter.
Dan McLean Jr
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Mike, I made my own AA battery pack to power my Shure and Sennheiser receivers. It's very simple. If you want to see the instructions, I made a PDF file. Just PM me your email address.

Michael
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1486 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Lectrosonics makes one that is extremely rugged, reliable and rather expensive...the best I've seen tho'
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ok, guys, thank you for responding. I will make things a little more specific now. I already have the Shure WH20 microphone:
shure.com

I already have the Shure PGX1 transmitter:
shure.com

I already have the Shure PGX4 receiver:
shure.com

I already have the Hisonic HS-321:
http://www.hisonic.net/HS321.htm

I want to purchase the OSP HS-09 earset:
cgi.ebay.com
But the earset Sennheiser plug does not operate when plugged into my Hisonic HS-321 mic transmitter. So I was thinking about plugging the Shure TA4F plug into my Shure transmitter. If the Shure PGX4 was running on battery power (only on outside usage) it can plug into the Hisonic HS-321.

So for outside usage I will have the earset microphone attached to the Shure transmitter. The Shure receiver can be ran on batteries, plugging into the battery powered Hisionic PA.
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Quote:
On 2009-06-26 12:19, Dynamike wrote:
I already have the Hisonic HS-321:
http://www.hisonic.net/HS321.htm

Dynamike, what do you think of the HS-321?

Also, you are asking about other mikes, do you not like the ones that come with the Hisonic?

Tate
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like the PA system. I like what you get for the price. It does work in front of a lot of people. But the headset is not tight and secure. I am adjusting it from time to time so the mic is back near my mouth.

The reason I would like using an earset is because it is lighter and more secure, making it less/non annoying. Because of its thinness, it will pickup less distraction towards me and the audience.

Here are some words I mentioned about it earlier: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=11&13

Quote:
On 2009-06-25 23:58, Michael Messing wrote:
Mike, I made my own AA battery pack to power my Shure and Sennheiser receivers. It's very simple. If you want to see the instructions, I made a PDF file. Just PM me your email address.

Michael

Thanks for the info, Mike. I see we do not have the same name, but the same receiver. Smile
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2009-06-27 08:53, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:

Michael

Thanks for the info, Mike. I see we do not have the same name, but the same receiver. Smile

Dynamike,

I used the set up that Michael has in his pdf and it works like a champ. I'm testing it a bit over this weekend's festival shows to see how long the AA batteries will power the reciever. So far, 4 shows down, 6 to go and the batteries are holding up strong!

Ken
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

The funny thing is I know very little about electronics and this idea came to me. I called a friend who does know electronics well and told him what I had in mind. He said it would work. It got really simple when I found the 9-Volt battery snap connector so I didn't have to do any soldering!

Michael
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2009-06-27 09:15, Ken Dumm wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-27 08:53, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:

Michael

Dynamike,

I used the set up that Michael has in his pdf and it works like a champ. I'm testing it a bit over this weekend's festival shows to see how long the AA batteries will power the reciever. So far, 4 shows down, 6 to go and the batteries are holding up strong!

Ken

After 8 - 30 minute shows, I thought I heard a little beak up in the reception, so I switched back to plugging in the AC. So for what it's worth, Michael's battery power set up worked for at least 4 hours. That's plenty for me! I usually have power to plug in, but for those picnics with no power, this is ideal!!!

Ken
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Dynamike,

As far as ear-set microphones go, you should really look into the APA-09 at http://affordableproaudio.com

Keith Stickley who is here on the Café swears by them and deals them, and I think they are every bit as good as the countryman microphones I have seen. I know they will work with your Shure microphone and I think they are a better deal and probably tougher than the HS-09.

Drop him a PM.
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
No offense, but I'm already ahead of ya. Keith showed me the microphone in person almost two weeks ago. I was really using the HS-09 as a example because I forgot the brand Keith was using.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 8:10pm
Thanks alot, Michael. I put it together like you described, and it works.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Glad to hear it.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just wanted come back and let everyone it works real good. I like using the HS-321 better with the Shure WH20 microphone. The headset microphone that came with the HS-321 leaves a lot of feed back making the squelching noise from getting too close to it. Plus that headset is too flimsy. The Shure WH20 solves everything. I did five one hour shows outside using the battery power Michael described to me. There is still enough juice allowed in the batteries.

I also have a second one made for back up incase the one goes out during a show. It will be quicker to snap on another clip instead of changing all the bateries.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Google "sennheiser camcorder wireless microphone"

that's what I use. you might look for the "holy grail" thread in the f/x section.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=11&44

I've wrote about it a million times here. it's great.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Now it has been 1,000,001 times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Battery Powered Receivers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL