The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th century silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Engine
Quote:
On 2009-06-30 09:20, Bob Sanders wrote:
Given a choice, I would never use three different solid color silks in 20th Century Silks. Have you considered Sympathetic Silks as your vehicle instead?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Sympathetic Silks won't suit my needs though I appreciate the suggestion. I'll be looking into the cone...I'm also considering a "blow tube" sort of method...diving into Rice's ; )
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Using Fred Johansen's "Mongolian Silk Mystery" to perform a gimmickless 20th Century Silks is also an option, and adds the concept of silk dying to extend the routine. You reminded me of this application by mention of the "blow tube" above.

The effect would be to roll up a paper tube, produce a white silk from it and then dye your three 20th century silks (for example red, blue and rainbow... or in your special case, dye twice to get the red and black, leaving an extra white). The two end silks are tied together and stuffed into the paper tube, leaving an end of each silk visible and sticking slightly out of the ends of the paper tube. The paper tube is handed to a spectator to hold as you vanish the third silk. The spectator discovers the vanished silk tied between the other two and the paper tube is torn up at the end.

The method is in my Mini-Mysteries section under the "Mongolian Silk Mystery Revisited."
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Engine
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 07:00, Spellbinder wrote:
The method is in my Mini-Mysteries section under the "Mongolian Silk Mystery Revisited."

Do you have a video demo of this?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
No video is available and none is planned. Wait about five years and one is sure to pop up somewhere on YouTube or whatever they will be calling it in five years.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2009-07-05 10:54, Spellbinder wrote:
No video is available and none is planned. Wait about five years and one is sure to pop up somewhere on YouTube or whatever they will be calling it in five years.

Spellbinder,

I'll vote with you on that one. I've spent my years getting unauthorized things OFF YouTube rather than putting them there. People buy a ticket to see something once and think that gives it to them forever. (I wonder what happens if they invited you to diner. Would they owe you meals forever? With the price of gas, let's bum a ride with them forever! LOL)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The Mongolian Silk Mystery method that Fred Johansen invented for dying silks in a paper tube is so simple and effective, it's surprising that it never got into the Rice Encyclopedia, but that makes it all the better for those who appreciate it and use it.
Professor Spellbinder

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th century silks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL